Are you a seasoned Bid Manager ready to take charge of end-to-end bid pursuits for our Design-Build Construction team? As our Bid Manager, you will play a pivotal role in orchestrating our operational and functional teams preparing proposal responses, ensuring they are market-competitive, compliant and contributing to the achievement of our financial goals. This dynamic position offers the opportunity to work on new projects and program proposals, including large and complex endeavours, occurring over many months. Our projects focus on Design-Build and Alternate Procurement Delivery models.
We provide a competitive total compensation package, excellent training, benefits, RRSP and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company.
Watch our 75th anniversary video to see what it's like working for Ledcor. Join our team and play a vital role in securing and delivering exciting projects for our Design-Build group. Apply today!
- Capture Management: Collaborate with our business development group and other stakeholders to effectively develop and present opportunity-win strategies in the proposals.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to formulate proposal strategies, assess risks, and establish a team of subject matter experts as needed.
- Organize and manage the entire bid process, ensuring alignment with key senior stakeholders, obtaining approvals, and driving all pursuit schedule requirements.
- Estimating and Pricing Support: Assist the estimating team in pricing strategies and resource planning.
- Develop pursuit plans and preliminary schedules for bid pursuit project management.
- Client Single Point of Contact: Operates as the primary point of contact for all communication with the client, ensuring thorough handover of information to the project teams.
- Collect lessons learned and feedback to implement on future pursuit projects.,
- Work closely with design, estimating, operations, proposal, and business development teams to coordinate and lead efforts and strategies.
- Provide direction and support to operational, technical, estimating staff, and subcontract partners during the bid phase.
- Documentation and Compliance: Maintain comprehensive bid records, including meeting minutes, RFIs, design information, tender packages, and bid addenda.
- Manage the submission of RFQs/RFPs in collaboration with the project pursuit team.
- Minimum of 6 years of large-scale project bid management experience, with a preference for design-build or P3 experience.
- Previous experience as a Manager leading projects is an asset.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Estimating, Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience in working on bids with values exceeding $100 million in a multi-joint-venture environment is an asset
- Knowledge of the local construction market and current trends, with the ability to lead in determining bid-win strategies.
- Contract Expertise: Working knowledge of contract language and legal requirements.
- Understanding of financial modelling for Design Build Finance (DBF)
- Technical writing experience for the drafting of operational plans.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word, Sharepoint and other collaborative document share sites, Bluebeam, etc.
- Site & Office based position
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Nov 18, 2023
1055 West Hastings St, Vancouver, BC, Canada