You’re an Estimator with 3+ years of experience working on multi-disciplinary commercial/residential or light industrial construction projects. You'll efficiently handle quantity take-offs, cost analyses, sub-trade negotiations, competitive bid management, and document control using the latest estimating software (OST). Working independently or with minimal supervision, you'll play a key role in preparing hard bid, cost-plus, and design-build estimates for diverse projects
We provide a competitive total compensation package, excellent training, benefits, RRSP and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company.
Watch our 75th anniversary video to see what it's like working for Ledcor. Apply today to join our Building Construction team in Calgary, AB!
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures to estimating
- Assists in the solicitation of trades regarding bid invitations, pricing, addenda, and tender/bid closings
- Performs quantity take-offs for all areas of the estimate while ensuring the take-off is well notated for hand-over to the project team and includes safety and security requirements required by Ledcor policies and applicable legislation
- Analyzes plans, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare bid estimates for projects, performs complete estimates on selected projects consisting of project site visits, quantity take-off, pricing, and presentation of the estimate for management review
- Develop a schedule based on the estimate by requesting input from the project team and the various trades required
- Supports the presentation of estimate proposals
- Prepares conceptual estimates by interpreting historical data
- Attends major trade pre-award meetings as required
- 3+ years of estimating experience preferably within commercial or residential construction; experience with special projects considered an asset
- Completion of post-secondary education with a diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Estimating, Engineering or related education
- Interfaces and communicates effectively with the estimating team, clients and industry contacts; contacts and develops business relationships with subcontractors and suppliers for pricing within estimates
- Applies knowledge and shares expertise with the estimating team in an ongoing effort to develop, recommend revisions and implement procedures, standards, rules and regulations
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to assess their completeness
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office and Estimating software
- Office-based position; occasional travel to project sites may be required
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Nov 17, 2023
1100 - 1st Street SE, Calgary, AB, Canada