The Senior Contracts Specialist will perform a range of contract-related activities, including supporting in-house legal counsel and commercial managers with RFP and RFQ submissions, charter agreements, hangar leases, and other contracts and commercial agreements used in the charter aviation industry. You will support everyone from front-line personnel to senior executives in both our fixed-wing and rotary operations. We are seeking an experienced contracts specialist with a minimum of 7 years of related experience.
Joining our team means:
- Stability in knowing you have long term employment and growth opportunities
- A competitive wage so you can comfortably provide for your family, with current wages under review
- Health & Dental Benefits that start the day you do so you and your family feel secure in the future
Click the link below to see what it’s like to work with our team:
Interested? Apply today to join our Summit Air and Summit Helicopter team in Vancouver, BC!
- Review contract terms and conditions including associated schedules for identification of risk exposures or concerns which require to be addressed, including unacceptable or unreasonable risk transfer, terms that are confusing or unclear or drafting errors in the documents
- Recommend alternative or additional contract wording to mitigate, contain and/or transfer risk exposures shall be prepared in the required format (redline document, table, etc.) and review with management.
- Participate in and provide support during contract negotiations leading to finalization of contracts.
- Review subcontracts and associated documents, ensuring process flow, reviewing expectations and recommending solutions
- Proactively identify and recommend changes to document templates and processes including best practices to improve effectiveness and mitigation of company risk exposure
- Handle day-to-day questions arising in connection with administration of contracts and subcontracts and review associated documentation including amending agreements
- Identify associated issues and risks with contracts and subcontract documents
- Minimum 7 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- familiarity with aviation industry and risks inherent within an asset
- Substantive aviation law experience and working knowledge of governing statutes, regulations, supplements and standards including but not limited to Aeronautics Act, Canada Transportation Act (CTA), Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs), Commercial Air Service Standards (CASS), International Air Transport Association (IATA) Regulations an asset
- Ability to provide legal review and strategic advice on transactions involving sale and purchase of aircraft, aircraft charter, lease, maintenance, commercial air service agreements and other matters arising out of the company’s domestic and international activities an asset
- Ability to work with executives and business operations to identify and address regulatory and legal risks and issues raised in commercial and business development activities, contracts, subcontracts and other business arrangements
- Understanding of contract terminology, practices (including drafting principles) and concepts
- Strong drafting skills with proven ability to identify appropriate contract wording
- Ability to consistently maintain a high degree of honesty, integrity and trust in challenging or difficult situations
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively across a diverse group of personnel
- Action oriented with a strong sense of urgency
- A strong team player, even in the most challenging situations
Summit Air, a member of the Ledcor Group of Companies, has been delivering remote aviation solutions to our customers for over 20 years. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. From moving cargo, to transferring passengers, to recreational flights for adventurers seeking to discover the North, we are a one-stop solution when it comes to safe and reliable aviation support. Learn more at www.flysummitair.com
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Nov 22, 2023
1055 West Hastings St, Vancouver, BC, Canada