We are currently looking for In House Counsel for a full-time permanent position supporting our Summit Air team. This is a primarily office-based position ideally located in Vancouver with the potential for a hybrid work-from-home arrangement when circumstances permit.
As In House Counsel, you will play a key role aiding legal support and leadership to Summit Air and Summit Helicopters concerning all legal matters affecting the business. You will ensure compliance with law while providing legal direction to management, influencing and resolving complex legal issues that have implications company-wide. You will perform a range of contract-related activities, including supporting managers with RFP submissions, aircraft charter and lease agreements, hangar leases and other contracts and commercial agreements used in the charter aviation industry. We are seeking an experienced lawyer with a minimum of 10 years of related experience.
Joining our team means:
- Stability in knowing you have long term employment and growth opportunities
- A competitive wage so you can comfortably provide for your family, with current wages under review
- Health & Dental Benefits that start the day you do so you and your family feel secure in the future
Click the link below to see what it’s like to work with our team:
Apply today to join our Summit Air and Summit Helicopter team in Vancouver, BC!
- Provide legal advice and leadership to the Company / Company management in multiple jurisdictions, regarding a diverse range of legal issues, and develop operational plans to align with their business objectives.
- Interpret federal and provincial/state legislation and regulations relevant to the business, anticipating potential changes and responding accordingly.
- Lead frontline negotiation and preparation of contracts and legal documents
- Assist/advise with the handover of finalized contracts to the Company and support ongoing management of such contracts throughout the contract lifecycle
- Identify and communicate gaps in contract compliance and provide advice and risk mitigation solutions relative to the scope of work
- Anticipate, plan and conduct training sessions to Company management. Develop, continuously improve and review certain corporate policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance
- Assist/advise on claims within the Company and/or support the transition of claims and litigation matters to in-house litigation counsel or external counsel
- Lead individuals, teams or projects and manage the performance of employees through goal setting, ongoing assessment and coaching
- Protect the Company’s interests through effective interaction and influence with regulatory authorities. Retain, instruct and manage outside counsel
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a lawyer in a law firm to corporate legal department
- Canadian Law Degree
- Member of good standing of provincial law society
- Familiarity with aviation industry and risks inherent within an asset
- Substantive aviation law experience and working knowledge of governing statutes, regulations, supplements and standards including but not limited to Aeronautics Act, Canada Transportation Act (CTA), Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs), Commercial Air Service Standards (CASS), International Air Transport Association (IATA) Regulations an asset
- Ability to provide legal review and strategic advice on transactions involving sale and purchase of aircraft, aircraft charter, lease, maintenance, commercial air service agreements and other matters arising out of the Company’s domestic and international activities an asset
- Expert corporate/commercial legal skills, including excellent drafting, negotiation and attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and persuade senior executives regarding complex legal and business matters
- Impactful leadership skills, with the ability to take unpopular stands when necessary to protect the Company
- Recognized expert in terms of business acumen, creativity and sound judgment
- In-depth understanding of key industry trends, market changes, and operational and strategic goals of the business with the ability to anticipate business or regulatory changes and develop legal strategies
- Ability to ensure legal strategies are translated into specific objectives and plans
- Ability to lead and influence projects, effectively delegate tasks and demonstrate leadership skills; understands how to motivate others and builds effective teams; provides timely, direct, complete, and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others
- Ability to strategize and resolve conflicts of notable risk and complexity through negotiation and cooperation
- Strong and demonstrated ability to integrate and build relationships with senior management
- Able to effectively interact with and is influential on legal / industry associations and/or regulatory bodies
Summit Air, a member of the Ledcor Group of Companies, has been delivering remote aviation solutions to our customers for over 20 years. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. From moving cargo, to transferring passengers, to recreational flights for adventurers seeking to discover the North, we are a one-stop solution when it comes to safe and reliable aviation support. Learn more at www.flysummitair.com
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
1055 West Hastings St,