You are an experienced Superintendent with 7+ years of highway maintenance or road building experience. Leading Ledcor’s highway maintenance operations, you will be responsible for timely and consistent maintenance of Ontario highways. Ensuring all maintenance operations are performed in a safe and efficient manner is a key responsibility.
We provide a competitive total compensation package, excellent training, benefits, RRSP and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company.
Watch our 75th anniversary video to see what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join the Highway's team in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario today!
- Develops, maintains and drives the maintenance operations schedule in conjunction with operations team to ensure budgets and timelines are met in accordance with service contracts
- Manages and coordinates all resource requirements for maintenance work including personnel, equipment and materials
- Demonstrates leadership in the application of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors
- Ensures highway maintenance operations are well organized and coordinated and comply with client specifications and regulatory requirements
- Maintains strong working relationships with client representatives, subcontractors, suppliers, labour force and other key stakeholders
- Strategically plans and implements manpower levels and material quantities and ensures proper equipment and trades are available as required
- Assumes leadership role and provides guidance to field supervisors and area superintendents in order to contribute to their development and career growth, including conducting performance reviews and identifying training needs
- Supports the field operations supervision in selecting qualified field personnel
- Supports project manager with estimation of additional works and strategic business growth planning and execution
- 7+ years of experience in Highway Maintenance, with several years in a leadership capacity is required. Equivalent or supplemental experience in road building may be considered.
- Post-secondary education in Construction Management or Engineering or equivalent work experience is considered an asset.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong computer skills using the MS Office suite are required
- Thorough and deep knowledge of highway maintenance operational practices, contracts, processes and techniques
- A strong safety record and the ability to work with a variety of individuals to reach solutions in conflict situations
- Ability to manage changing priorities and possesses a track record of successfully managing maintenance contracts and client relationships effectively
- Proven ability to build successful teams; effectively motivate and facilitate people and maintain effective relationships with clients, subcontractors and suppliers
- Skilled problem solving capabilities with the ability to anticipate stakeholder needs, investigate the underlying causes and identify short and long term maintenance solutions
- Understands and presents complex ideas; anticipates potential objections and prepares case accordingly; influences and persuades others to adopt a point of view
- Understands thoroughly the concepts of estimation and scheduling
- Travel: Role is in Sault Ste Marie, you will be required to travel up to 70% of the time to Bruce Mines, Chapleau and Thessalon
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Iron Bridge, ON