Summit Helicopters is looking to hire a Helicopter Hoist Operator on a 12 month fixed term contract initially with the potential for this position to made full-time permanent at the end of the initial contract.
In your new position as a Helicopter Hoist Operator you will be responsible for managing the companies hoist program which will see you work to establish standard operating procedures (SOPs) in partnership with the wider team. The Helicopter Hoist Operator will work collaboratively to maintain positive professional relationships with the pilots, passengers, and other Team members.
Joining our team means:
- Stability in knowing you have long term employment and growth opportunities
- A competitive wage so you can comfortably provide for your family
- Health & Dental Benefits that start the day you do and RRSP matching, so you and your family feel secure in the future
- A flexible rotation so you get to spend time doing what you love with those who matter most
Interested? Apply today to join our team in British Columbia!
- Operate and maintain the hoist and associated equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Insert and extract personnel and equipment safely
- Conduct safety briefings and training for passengers and other Team members
- Strictly adhere to and maintain SOPs for the hoist program
- Actively participate in and contribute to our safety process and culture.
- Ensure hoist, support equipment, helicopter, work area, and hangar kept safe, clean, and serviceable
- Assist in scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, inspections, repairs, and servicing
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2+ years of hoist experience is required
- Must hold a valid Passport for international travel (this may be required)
- Strong communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written)
- Must be physically fit in order to operate the hoist
- Previous aircraft maintenance experience is an asset and desirable
- Former military service would be of advantage
- NVG (night vision goggles) experience is an asset
- This will be a rotational based position with generally equal time on and off schedule
Summit Helicopters, a member of the Ledcor Group of Companies, delivers helicopter aviation solutions with one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. Learn more at www.summithelicopters.ca
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
4255 Bristol Road,