You are an experienced telecommunications cable placer who is responsible for the daily planning and execution of aerial and underground construction. You will be working from person-lifts and bucket trucks where you ensure that telecommunication cable is properly installed and secured to engineering specifications and industry standards. Your developed ability to provide guidance to the other team members will help you achieve installation goals while simultaneously meeting essential Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
Watch our 75th anniversary video to see what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join Ledcor Technical Services in Port Moody, BC today!
We are committed to the long-term success and wellbeing of our employees. Benefits are provided by CLAC which include items such as health, dental, vision plans, life and disability coverages, comprehensive retirement plans, family support benefits, mental health and wellness resources, and more.
- Safely operate bucket trucks and/or other types of person-lifts
- Install telecommunication cables which include coax, copper, and fiber on both underground and aerial infrastructure.
- Working underground in vaults installing telecommunication cable and equipment
- Install telecommunication vaults and pedestals
- Adding and removing steel strand, utility poles, cables, and wire
- Reading blueprints and updating them based on project requirements
- Drive large vehicles and equipment such as bucket trucks, flat decks, and reel trailers in congested areas and easement locations
- Climb utility poles while using appropriate and required safety equipment
- Properly set span up for cable placement with the use of cable rollers
- Utilize standard telecommunications tools
- Set up and utilize single or double lashing tool
- Set up and operate cable pulling equipment
- Maintenance of vehicle driving logs
- Organizing and keeping a vehicle clean
- Inspecting vehicles and equipment on a daily basis
- Track, document and communicate daily production and material usage
- Oversee and coordinate logistics and crew assignments
- Train and lead new workers on day-to-day work practices and procedures
- 3+ years of directly related experience working as an aerial/underground Cable Placer/Puller
- Capability to climb utility poles using climbing spikes and rigging, including experience in operating and performing work in a bucket truck and/or other types of person-lifts
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification or education program
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to related installation processes
- Proficient in new build and pole transfers; knowledge in building strand, lashing, pole transfers & grounding
- Competent understanding of current installation practices and proficient knowledge and understanding of applicable industry documentation
- Proven ability to work in a high-pressure environment while maintaining safe work practices, project quality, schedule, and budget requirements.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders
- Solution oriented
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience working independently with little supervision
- Follows safety policies and procedures and wears the required personal protective equipment required for the job
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license, appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven and must provide a driver’s abstract
- Ability to travel as much as required
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 45 pounds), and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
100 Newport Drive,
Port Moody, BC