As a Design Manager, you'll play a crucial role in managing design requirements for diverse construction projects, overseeing the entire process from pursuit to execution. Working closely with the Project Director, Construction Manager, and Pre-Construction Manager, you'll lead design management, schedules, and compliance, and contribute to the development of subcontract packages.
We provide a competitive total compensation package, excellent training, benefits, RRSP and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company.
Watch our 75th anniversary video to see what it's like working for Ledcor. Apply today to join our Building Construction team in Vancouver, BC.
- Participate actively in all phases of project pursuit, including RFQ, RFP, and project execution.
- Take charge of design development meetings with internal and external stakeholders throughout the RFP and execution phases.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating the design development and technical aspects of a project, as part of an RFP for a design-build project or other types of partnerships.
- Coordinate and integrate activities with external design consultants, including assisting with scope and contract fees.
- Identify design constraints, assess alternatives, and provide recommendations for cost-effective design solutions.
- Define and monitor design schedules and deliverables, ensuring timely project progression.
- Identify and manage opportunities and risks to positively impact schedule and financial targets.
- Participate in bid analysis, negotiations, and contract awards with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Assist in managing change control during design development and construction document phases.
- 5+ years' experience in design management, from inception to project handover on various projects.
- Post-secondary education in architecture/design and/or construction industries on large-scale projects.
- Proficient in constructing various projects, with a focus on complex architectural structures, advanced systems, environmental considerations, etc., utilizing both Design-Build and Public-Private Partnership (PPP) approaches.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, costs, budgets, and current construction practices and methodology.
- Proficient with MS Office; understanding of building codes, LEED, and CSA standards.
- Strong negotiation skills: the ability to influence and persuade others to reach a consensus.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements.
- Office-based position
- Some travel may be required to project sites and/or office locations.
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
1055 West Hastings St,