As a successful Fiber Splicer, you will be responsible for proper preparation and splicing of fiber optic cable within a telecommunications system. You possess a good working knowledge of telecommunications network structure; familiarity with fiber optic cable, splice enclosures and the functionality of each; ability to use OTDR and fusion splicing equipment; ability to read fiber matrices; ability to interpret and analyze data; and ability to identify and troubleshoot problems.
Apply today to join the Ledcor Technical Services team!
We support our employees with training to develop skills, knowledge, and abilities.
We offer an industry-leading benefits package, ongoing employee training and development, team building and career growth opportunities.
- Read understand, interpret, input, and analyze data with a high degree of accuracy and completeness.
- Operate technical equipment, including but not limited to computer, OTDR and fusion splicing equipment for single and ribbon fiber, and understand the functioning thereof.
- Complete low level and high-level labor-intensive tasks as well as operation of assigned construction equipment.
- Complete daily production reports to document work performed; track and communicate daily production and materials.
- Use hand tools, ladders, and equipment to assist in the completion of an assigned project.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and work areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Lift and manipulate splice enclosures and other plant and equipment.
- Work safely, with or without supervision.
- Comfortably work in cramped and/or enclosed spaced for extended periods of time.
- Work aloft, either from a ladder, aerial lift device, or by gaffing
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification or education program
- Low Voltage or structured cabling installation is a plus.
- Excellent manual dexterity
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to related construction processes.
- Proficient in the use of hand tools and equipment utilized in splicing fiber.
- Ability to operate company vehicles and properly tow/back-up trailers.
- Solid understanding of current construction practices and familiarity with construction documents.
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders’ needs, and identify solutions.
- Must be capable of handling logistics and crew assignments.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience operating and performing work in a bucket truck, lift, etc is a plus.
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol requirements
- Must possess and maintain a clean driver’s abstract and valid full-driver's license appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven.
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks, including the ability to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, and sleet) and perform work on uneven surfaces.
- Ability to work with little supervision while following safety policies and procedures, wearing required personal protective equipment, and adding to a safe and positive team environment is a must.
$20.00 - $37.00
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Link to: https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify