The Business Systems Analyst – Financial Solutions is responsible for analysis, continuous improvement, and delivery of the enterprise financial systems. You will work with team members to enrich and optimize the financial business application systems, processes, and solutions to enhance the performance of these systems supporting our industrial operating groups. In this role you’ll work with the financial application systems within Finance and the industrial operating groups including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, proforma billing, job costing, contract management, contractor insurance, and financial and management reporting.
You will work collaboratively, eliciting fundamental business requirements, application design and configuration, testing, UAT support, and release management for the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software and customizations enabled by JD Edwards. You have specialized breadth and depth of ERP system knowledge within an industrial business domain with the relevant modules of JD Edwards, integration, and interoperability of the ERP with other systems and mobile applications, and how such technology enables business processes.
This position can be based out of Vancouver, Edmonton or Calgary and is a work from home position with the understanding that from time to time you may be required in office. Come join our True Blue team by applying for this job today!
- Performs and assists with the design, development, configuration, testing, and implementation delivery of ERP system improvements
- Assists in evaluating incoming technical requests and identifying appropriate ERP solutions to execute and solve for business requirements
- Advocates for optimizing and leveraging existing and new ERP features
- Supports the team with engaging business stakeholders on potential technology solutions, including proof of concepts, to solve for business requirements
- Maintains effective working relationships with key ERP business user stakeholder representatives
- Ensures all business application enhancement requests are acknowledged and resolved per the established project success criteria
- Documents and validates business functional requirements, testing requirements and test cases
- Plans, executes and follows-through on all functional and end-to-end testing
- Supports business team members with planning and executing user acceptance testing
- Proactively and effectively communicates systems changes and updates to technical and non-technical stakeholders and documentation
- Identifies, establishes, and supports value-added cross-functional data and system linkages helping to enable a cohesive eco-system of systems and processes
- Maintains knowledge of the end-to-end ERP solution landscape and awareness of touchpoints to other teams or supporting agencies
- Maintains ERP application knowledge pertinent to the relevant Ledcor business domain areas this role supports with a primary focus on the Constructors and Construction operating groups
- 5+ years’ experience in business application development and/or sustainment for enterprise financial applications
- 5+ years’ experience leading and facilitating business requirements gathering, detailed design and iterative demo/feedback workshops, ideally in an industrial construction or manufacturing organization
- Critical thinking skills and comfortable with the unknown
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, relationship-building, and collaboration skills
- Passion for engaging with business stakeholders to identify and implement ERP system improvements
- Effective problem solving and solutioning
- Thorough understanding of business processes and models including best practices, current and anticipated regulatory requirements, back-office processes, and the end-to-end workflows across business units
- Functional knowledge of the design of JDE including tools and techniques to tailor JDE to meet business requirements
- Knowledge of business analysis, quality assurance, change management, and project management, with the ability to identify/define gaps, risks, and requirements
- Minimum 5 years of functional / BSA financials experience with JD Edwards or similar ERP software (such as SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle eBusiness Suite) in industrial fabrication / construction sectors
- Occasional event-related travel may be required
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
7008 Roper Road NW,