Location: Iron Bridge, ON, Canada
Job ID: R18333
Job Status: Part-Time
Job Summary:Are you tired of being on the road? Looking to be home at night and to be a bigger part of your community? Ledcor Highway Maintenance has long-term stable career opportunities. With guaranteed long-term contracts of at least 7 years in length, Ledcor offers you the stability and the chance to make long-term plans all while being part of a great team dedicated to safe operations and keeping our highways and communities safe.
· Operate snowplow trucks, wheel loaders, and other heavy equipment as required
· Maintain Ontario Provincial Highways year-round, including assisting with Labourer duties (pothole repair, guardrail repair, bridge and signage cleaning, hazard remediation, etc.)
· Work outside in all weather conditions
· Must be able to perform physically demanding tasks
· Must possess a valid AZ or DZ driver’s license with air endorsement
· Must provide a copy of a 3-year driver’s abstract
· Previous experience operating a snowplow truck and/or wheel loader is a strong asset
· Applicants that reside in Hornepayne, Agawa, Batchawana, Goulais River, Hinkler Lake, Blind River, Iron Bridge, Hilton Beach, Thessalon, Wawa, and White River, will be given preference due to the location of the work
· As we respond to various weather patterns, some shift work, on-call, and night shift will be required
· Seasonal work from September to May and you will be working on an on-call basis
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
., Iron Bridge, ON