You’re a Senior Estimator with 10+ years of experience working in multi-disciplinary institutional construction projects on P3 & Design-Build pursuits and projects. You will be the lead estimator in the & Design-Build department and will support our regional offices in pursuit of P3, Design-Build (and other alternate procurement deliveries including; IPD, Alliance & Progressive Design-Build). Responsibilities include; directing activities of quantity take-offs, cost analysis, sub-trade negotiations, competitive bid management, and document control while utilizing current estimating software (OST).
We provide a competitive total compensation package, excellent training, benefits, RRSP and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company.
Watch our 75th anniversary video to see what it's like working for Ledcor. Apply today to join our Building Construction team in Vancouver, BC.
- Lead design-build estimate teams through RFPs for design-build projects throughout Canada.
- Manages and provides input into estimating, costs, profitability, budget and risk management across multiple projects.
- Supervises the solicitation of trades regarding bid invitations, sub-trade teaming agreements, pricing, addenda, and proposal submissions.
- Supervises estimating staff’s quantity take-offs for all areas of the estimate while ensuring the take-off is well noted for hand-over to the project team and includes safety and security requirements required by Ledcor policies and applicable legislation.
- Analyzes plans, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare bid estimates for projects, and performs complete estimates on selected projects consisting of project site visits, quantity take-off, and pricing.
- Applies knowledge and skills through the handling of complex problems and shares expertise with the estimating team in an ongoing effort to develop, recommend revisions and implement procedures, standards, rules, and regulations.
- Prepares conceptual estimates by interpreting historical data.
- Oversees and updates maintenance of subcontractors within a database.
- Researches and analyzes cost data for review and presentation to management.
- Explores future opportunities according to the business plan, manages bids and leads the team in programming and pre-construction phases.
- Prepares for and attends major trade pre-award meetings as required.
- Acts as a facilitator and mentor, a team leader and technical contributor in extremely complex or interdependent projects; conducts performance management meetings for supporting or professional staff.
- 10+ years of estimating experience preferably within institutional construction
- Completion of post-secondary education with a diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Estimating, Engineering or related education.
- Experience with MS Office and various estimating software programs.
- Anticipates problems and challenges, proposes innovative solutions and ensures solutions are consistent with the organization’s objectives and strategic positioning
- Site & Office based position
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
1055 West Hastings St,