You are an experienced Superintendent with expertise in utility construction. You are responsible for day-to-day field operations, ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget. As the Superintendent, you will also be implementing project plans and schedules, while ensuring safety and quality control. Throughout the project, you will be responsible for delegating work to field staff, contractors, and trades people.
Watch our 75th anniversary video to see what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join Ledcor Technical Services in Port Moody, BC Today!
We are committed to the long-term success and wellbeing of our employees. Our total rewards package is designed to provide compensation and benefits programs that support your health, wellness, and financial security. Including items such as competitive salaries and profit-sharing program; exceptional health, dental, vision plans, life and disability coverages; comprehensive retirement plans, generous vacation and leave, family support benefits, mental health resources, and more. We offer ongoing employee training and development, team building and career growth opportunities.
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project
- Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S / OSHA Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications and design drawings while making certain that high quality standards are maintained
- Develops, maintains, and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with project team; ensures project milestones and completion dates are met
- Reviews workload with management, completes WIP reports, and schedules crews on an ongoing basis
- Strategically plans and implements manpower levels and material quantities and ensures proper equipment and team members are available as required
- Assumes a leadership role and provides guidance to Self-Perform team members (i.e. assisting with unforeseen obstacles and working with project coordinators to ensure proper updates are being sent to the customer)
- Supervises Self-Perform team to achieve all required project deliverables
- Supports project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the projects ongoing progression
- Oversees project reporting that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information
- Manage a team of 15 CLAC Outside Plant Technicians and provide ongoing mentorship.
- 5+ years of Telecom OSP construction experience as a Superintendent or in a similar supervisory role
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with fibre optic cable
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Solid understanding of current construction practices
- Knowledge of various pieces of construction equipment and their operating capabilities
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget
- Strong knowledge of construction documents (including utility plans and maps), contracts, costs, and budgets
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpreting their needs and identifying solutions
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Facilitation and mentoring skills; is able to move the team forward and resolve conflict situations as they arise
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating, coaching, and consensus-building
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs; intermediate to advanced user of Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Clean drivers abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Site based position
- Travel to various sites is required
- This role requires working outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
100 Newport Drive,
Port Moody, BC