You are a skilled Business Installation and Repair Technician who utilizes your experience to install, and maintain various telecommunication systems. You are looking for an opportunity to build upon your skillset in the ever-growing business “internet of things” market and develop within a large organization. You believe in building trust with all of those with whom work. You enjoy traveling while also providing a best-in-class approach to customer service.
You will be home based and provided with a company vehicle and tools to be dispatched to jobs for our clients in the Memphis, TN area.
As a Field Technician you will be part of a fast-paced customer focused culture that provides the opportunity to work in a self-managed work environment, by performing installations and repairs of telecommunications services.
We support our employees with training to develop skills, knowledge, and abilities.
We offer an industry-leading benefits package, ongoing employee training and development, team building and career growth opportunities.
Join Ledcor Technical Services today!
- Responsible for the setup and maintenance of telecommunication services, including internet, video services, copper, fiber, inside wire, router installation, and rack-mounted telco equipment and Access Points.
- Install edge devices, firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points, and VOIP telephones, with a focus on SD-WAN, and Hosted VOIP. At times you will handle legacy copper work such as DSL, PBX, and T1.
- Conduct site surveys, complete demarc extensions, rack and stack devices, turn up equipment, run inside CAT5e/CAT6 wiring, and punch down patch panels.
- Work in customers’ businesses, providing exceptional customer service and quality work per LTS Services standards
- Drive to and from customers’ business locations in a defined geographic area to perform the work as noted above.
- Completes customer dispatches with little supervision.
- 1-3 years of telecommunications experience
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer-focused approach
- Displays active listening skills, emotional awareness under challenging situations, and empathizes with customers to enhance an overall positive experience.
- CompTIA A+ certification or Network +
- Cisco Certification
- College, Trade, Technical Diploma (2 years) or on-the-job training
- Accreditation from a technical school in telecommunications or equivalent technical training
- Prefer associate degree in Telecommunications or Technology.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license
- Successful completion of pre-employment screenings including background and drug & alcohol
- The ability to work on call, evenings, and weekends as required
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 51 pounds), working at heights (15 to 25 feet above the ground), in confined spaces (attics and crawl spaces), and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, etc.)
- A competitive Total Compensation includes base compensation, performance bonus, overtime, paid vacation and sick leave, and a company vehicle. More info about our benefits.
- Our True Blue team – a culture of safety, teamwork, and caring for each other. Watch Our True Blue video.
- Opportunities for growth through numerous paid training programs and direct worksite/on-the-job experience.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Link to: https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify