You are a Project Accountant reporting to the Project Controller; the Project Accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely entry and reporting of data in the company financial systems. You will be responsible for: accounts receivable, subcontract management, payroll, equipment time entry, accounts payable and month end. You will partner with management and project teams to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of data.
We are committed to the long-term success and wellbeing of our employees. Our total rewards package is designed to provide compensation and benefits programs that support your health, wellness, and financial security. Including items such as competitive salaries and profit-sharing program; exceptional health, dental, vision plans, life and disability coverages; comprehensive retirement plans, generous vacation and leave, family support benefits, mental health resources, and more. We offer ongoing employee training and development, team building and career growth opportunities.
Be part of our dynamic Finance team in this work from home (WFH) position. Apply today to join the Ledcor Technical Services team!
- Understand and articulate project contractual commercial terms
- Communicate reporting information and interpretations with leadership
- Influences the development and implementation of collective agreements
- Coordinate the collection and submission of documentation required for invoicing, including statutory declarations and WCB clearance letters, etc.
- Prepares and submit LEMs to the client
- Oversees progress billings, invoices, and holdback releases
- Assists in pursuing payment collection and work with client to resolve payment issues
- Extracts equipment information and process weekly/monthly equipment time entry
- Tracks outside rental agreements against contract agreements
- Collaborates with field teams and payroll group to ensure time entry is completed in a timely manner
- Works with the operations team to identify potential change orders
- Prepares month end journal entries
- Assists with cost Analysis and cost control
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Must have Experience within commercial construction, Telecom or a related industry is preferred
- Enrolled in the CPA program or equivalent
- Knowledge of JD Edwards or similar large ERP is preferred
- Financial acumen regarding equipment utilization, rates, equipment capital decisions, and profitability analysis
- Working knowledge of construction accounting principles
- Working knowledge of construction software systems
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- This position offers work from home options with the understanding that at times you may be required to attend the office or travel to the project site as business needs require
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Link to: https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify
14400 The Lakes Boulevard,