As a Health & Safety Professional, you play a key role in the execution and implementation of a diverse range of health and safety programs for industrial and maintenance projects. You are an experienced Safety Advisor who consistently conveys professional judgment and can build effective relationships across all levels.
We are committed to the long-term success and wellbeing of our employees. Our total rewards package is designed to provide compensation and benefits programs that support your health, wellness, and financial security. Including items such as competitive salaries, exceptional health, dental, vision plans, life and disability coverages; comprehensive retirement plans, family support benefits, mental health resources, and more.
Join the Highways team in Lethbridge, AB. Apply today!
- Provide advice to operations regarding Ledcor's Health and Safety Management System, based on a solid understanding of program execution throughout the project lifecycle
- Monitor compliance with jurisdictional regulatory requirements
- Assists in the coordination and completion of safe work procedures, hazard assessments, safety inspections, focus audits and incident investigations
- Verify compliance with leading and lagging indicators, including subcontractors as well as any identified corrective actions
- Conduct the HS&E Orientation to employees and subcontractors during project onboarding.
- Support the coordination, organization and delivery of project toolbox talks and safety meetings
- Develop and enhance Job Hazard Analysis and Safe Work Practice documents based on existing materials
- 1+ years’ experience in Commercial construction or related industry, with relevant health and safety experience
- Has or actively working towards a diploma or certificate for occupational health and safety from a recognized post secondary institution
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to the hourly workforce, while also effectively interacting with project management staff, clients, and customers
- Ability to provide a proactive approach to safety, including identification of operational and organizational issues, as well as developing and implementing strategies to solve them
- Demonstrated experience in risk assessment, program development, safety & health training, and accident investigation
- Preference will be given to candidates who have a Safety Officer designation (NCSO) or are actively pursuing one
- Strong knowledge of commercial construction practices, techniques, and equipment, proficient with computer and have analytical ability is preferred
- Environmental Experience would be considered an asset
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license with clean abstract
- Travel to various sites and office locations will be required
- This role requires working primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Rotational shift is10/4
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
4900 50 St.,