The Field Construction Manager is responsible for the smooth functioning of day-to-day field operations to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget. Experienced and fully competent in construction practices, this individual develops and implements the project plan and schedule, ensures safety and quality control, and delegates work to field staff, contractors, and trades people.
The Field Construction Manager completes their own role independently or with minimal guidance, and acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. This position is guided by department policies, resource requirements, budgets and the business plan.
Apply today to join the Ledcor Technical Services team!
We support our employees with training to develop skills, knowledge, and abilities.
We offer an industry-leading benefits package, ongoing employee training and development, team building and career growth opportunities.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that high-quality standards are maintained
- Participates in the development of Project Quality Plan (PQP) and manages PQP conformance on site
- Ensures that site safety measures meet or exceed the parameters set out by corporate safety manuals and all regulatory boards and authorities
- Oversees project safety meetings as required and promotes a culture of health, safety and environmental protection on the project by taking an active role in the implementation of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to achieve compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OSHA acts, regulations and codes
- Monitors construction schedule within divisional scope on large projects and ensures milestones and completion dates are met
- Recognizes and analyzes scheduling issues/delays and supports solution development. Implements and maintains project start-up systems and procedures including job site trailer or office, master filing system, project billings and project directory
- Coordinates the change order management process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data for project manager review, submitting change requests for approval and following through with subcontract change orders/purchase orders as directed
- Prepares for project close out by collecting warranties, O&M manuals and occupancy documents; creates turnover documents, demobilizes site and archives documents
- Participates in the tracking of project milestones, assists with the maintenance of the project schedule and baseline schedule and reviews with Project Manager
- Manages subcontractors on site with regards to costs, safety, schedule and quality expectations
- Oversees the preparation of purchase requisitions, and review of subtrade/supplier invoices.
- 5-8 years of construction experience as a Superintendent or in a similar direct supervisory role
- Solid understanding of current construction practices, construction documents, costs and budgets
- Ability to plan and manage a project schedule, identifying constructability issues, and supporting development of solutions for moderate situations within scope of responsibility
- Ability to communicate clearly, interpreting stakeholder needs while leading and managing a diverse team
- Strong computer skills with an aptitude for learning new programs; familiar with P6, ShareFile, QuickBase and MS Office
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Link to: https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify