Full Time Regular Job Summary
You arean experienced Industrial Relations or Human Resources professional. As the SeniorIndustrial Relations Advisor you will provide knowledge and expertise through the service and programs delivered to the various business units. As Senior Advisor,you willutilize your senior professional level and experience with collective bargaining, labour market research/impact analysis, grievance management and negotiations to effectively support Ledcor's competitive advantage.
Ledcor is investing in a multi-year initiative, called HR2020, to provide new HCM technology and an updated HR operating model to support our company's future business growth and development. HR2020 will improve the employee experience at Ledcor through enabling technology and broadened HR service delivery. We have already started on this journey and we are adding expertise as needed to complement our dynamic team. If you are looking for a career where you can make a real difference, come join our True Blue team
Please join our Industrial Relations team in Edmonton today!Responsibilities
- Interface with business leaders to provide advice and guidance regarding the interpretation, compliance, administration and implementation of the Collective Agreement(s) terms and conditions as required.
- Oversee and be responsible for the research, administration and distribution of Industrial Relations documents including but not exclusive to wage schedules, meeting minutes, summaries, presentations, Collective Agreements and their associated documents involving unionized employees.
- Act or assist in Chief Spokesperson responsibilities for negotiations/collective bargaining of Collective Agreements and their assorted documents as assigned.
- Contribute to the collective bargaining pre-negotiation preparation research and proposal costing to develop and provide guidance on the strategy and obtain leadership approval on the mandate.
- Advise management of potential employee issues and oversee the investigation and research required to successfully work through employee issues and grievances.
- Research and conduct comparative analysis of internal and external Collective Agreements and other specific project related documents to arrive at useable market data.
- Act as point of contact for external and internal Industrial Relations related inquiries.
- This does not represent all of the responsibilities of the Senior Advisor; other duties will be added as required. Further details are available upon request.
- Degree/Diploma in Business (Industrial Relations, Human Resources, other related fields).
- 8+ years of experience in an Industrial Relations or Human Resources generalist role with experience supporting a unionized workforce.
- Provide high quality service with a focus on strong business acumen and quality decision making with the ability to propose creative and innovative solutions to meet business needs.
- Strong technical skills in Industrial Relations - Collective Agreement administration and interpretation, market research/analysis and experience with union negotiations.
- Ability to build and foster effective client relationships and use effective staff influencing strategies.
Excellent time management and organizational skills with an ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment with competing priorities and business needs.
- Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Possess tact, diplomacy and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain and encourage safety practices on all Ledcor business.
- Travel to various locations as required up to 20%.
Our Human Resources (HR) team helps Ledcor's leaders attract and retain our most valuable asset - our people. With expertise in recruitment, employment practices, workplace culture, learning and development, and compensation, the HR team supports the entire lifecycle of our employees. We are a diverse team equipped to support the growth of our company.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!