Casual Job Summary
You are an up-and-coming Aerial Lineman seeking an opportunity to join a reputable company known for its' ability to provide stability, professional growth opportunities, and an award-winning corporate culture that never ceases to put safety as its' top priority. You have 1+ years of relevant work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related program, and you are practiced and enthusiastic about climbing utility poles. As the Junior Aerial Lineman, your primary function is the execution of aerial construction; working from man-lifts and bucket trucks, you ensure that fiber cable is properly installed and secured, to engineering specifications and industry standards. Your ability to learn and to work collaboratively with your team, will help you contribute to construction goals while simultaneously meeting the essential Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
Take your career to new heights! Join our Technical Services team as a Junior Aerial Lineman in Lexington, KY today!Responsibilities
- Safely operate bucket trucks and/or other types of man-lifts
- Install strand and applicable hardware
- Properly set span up for cable placement with the use of cable rollers
- Place fiber optic & coax cables
- Utilize standard telecommunications tools
- Set up and utilize single or double lashing tool
- Set up and operate cable pulling equipment
- Track and communicate daily production and materials
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 1-3+ years of related experience
- Ability to climb utility poles using climbing spikes and rigging, and experience operating and performing work in a bucket truck and/or other types of man-lifts
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification or education program
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to related construction processes
- Proficient in new build and pole transfers; knowledge in building strand, lashing, pole transfers & grounding
- Working knowledge of current construction practices and construction documents
- Proven ability to follow safe work practices in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Beginner to intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks as needed; must be capable to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to promote a safe and positive team environment is a must; follows safety policies and procedures and wears the required personal protective equipment required for the job
- Comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, and sleet) and able to perform work on uneven surfaces; experienced with climbing ladders, on/off equipment and work from various heights
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver's license, appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven, and a clear drivers abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements and background check
- Ability to travel as much as required
- This role will be located out of our project office in Lexington, KY and will require travel
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an EEO/AAP employer; all decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
*LTSFOPS* Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security