Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a GIS Analyst with 5+ years of applied experience in the use of Geographic Information System (GIS) in the Esri ArcGIS environment, including spatial data processing, publishing web services, thematic mapping, database management and knowledge of relevant software tools including MS Access, SQL Server, and/or FME Workbench. In this role you will be responsible for provision of GIS based support services to the project team.
Join our Ledcor Technical Services team in Vancouver, BC! Responsibilities
- Design and publish web services using cartographic and data management skills
- Design and create paper maps using cartographic skills with an understanding of projections and datum
- Create, maintain, and analyze both spatial and non-spatial data in a variety of platforms, including ArcGIS and various graphics packages
- Manage geospatial data including sourcing data, editing data, and documenting the structure and process
- Work independently and as part of a team delivering geospatial solutions and support
- Diploma or Degree from a recognized program, post-secondary institution with an emphasis on GIS
- 5+ years of related experience in the use of GIS, including spatial data processing, publishing web services, thematic mapping, database management and knowledge of relevant software tools
- Strong working knowledge of ArcGIS 10.x and of ArcGIS extensions including but not limited to 3D Analyst, ArcToolbox
- Knowledge of Esri's web-based tools including Collector for ArcGIS, Dashboard, Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS is an asset.
- Experience with data schemas and/or data dictionaries
- Member of Professional and Technical Societies is an asset
- Experience with marine and/or terrestrial telecommunication systems is an asset
- Ability to work with databases such as MS Access and SQL Server is an asset
- Experience in FME Workbench, AutoCAD and MicroStation is an asset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team in a changing environment
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol and background check requirements
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.Date Posted