Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are a safety professional who excels in partnering with the front line supervisors and operations staff to meet and exceed Ledcor's safety standards on project sites. As the HS&E Coordinator, you will be responsible for applying the professional practices required of Health, Safety and Environment professionals at a Ledcor work site. This is done byconsistently conveying mature professional judgment, being competent in safety management and systems, and possessing technical and managerial knowledge required of a HS&E professional.
Come join our True Blue team in Kitimattoday!Responsibilities
- 2+ years relevant industry Health and Safety experience.
- May have an OH&S certification or diploma.
- Fully qualified CSO or NCSO.
- Pursuit of CRSP, CSP or other HS&E designation preferred.
- Able to provide independent advice to operations management in Ledcor HS&E program.
- Creates clear and timely "Flash Reports" to communicate incidents.
- Participates in the conduct of detailed, fact based incident management.
- Acquires clear competence and understanding in executing Ledcor HS&E program in all types of situations (project start up, duration and close out).
- Able to independently lead Tool Box Talks and Safety meetings.
- Develops and enhances Job Hazard Analysis and Safe Work Practice documents based on existing materials.
- Has an understanding of all site, business unit or division safety programs, company codes of business conduct, site, Business Unit specific procedures and management systems.
- Seeks to understand and meet the demands of various stakeholders, including internal and external clients.
- Supports and takes action for operations personnel to meet Ledcor "Leading Indicator" requirements.
- Practices attentive and active listening and is skilled at questioning to ensure understanding.
- Obtains basic understanding of complementary HS&E functions such as Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health practices.
- Seizes opportunities to act vs. waiting to be directed.
- Able to act with customer in mind by understanding requirements and participating in client meetings.
- Understands his/her role in achieving HS&E results (Planning and Execution abilities).
- Demonstrates a competent level of communication skills and behaviors with site employees, site management and corporate representatives/management.
- Able to ensure HS&E requirements have been met and able to facilitate others in best practices in the execution of HS&E processes.
- Can present truth in appropriate and helpful manner (e.g. Findings/Corrective actions from incident investigations and audits).
- Able to recognize and is comfortable in dealing with uncertainty.
- Follows defined processes and boundaries provided by Ledcor HSE program and relevant OH&S (or equivalent) legislation to be able to make appropriate, timely decisions in consultation with others.
- Learns quickly and enjoys challenge of unfamiliar tasks or information.
- Gains trust and support of peers with HS&E and Operations.
- Pursues matters with drive and urgency to finish.
- Must possess CSTS.09 (Construction Safety Training Systems).
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Field based role in Kitimat, BC.
- Rotation is 14 days on and 14 days off.
- Camp provide for non-local candidates.
- This role requires working primarily outdoors in various weather conditions.
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is committed to facilitating project success by providing a workforce with representation from the Indigenous and local communities. We will have this commitment in mind when considering your job application. Date Posted