Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are an experienced health and safety professional with extensive experience in a field based role. As the HS&E Lead, you will be responsible for field leadership and delivery of the Health, Safety and Environment programs at one or more Ledcor project sites. You will be a recognized leader in the HS&E field and have the respect of both the staff and management of a project or region.
Come join our True Blue team in Kitimat today!Responsibilities
- Takes responsibility for mentoring, training and coaching of site's HS&E personnel.
- Advises, ensures and is responsible for implementation of HS&E program on project site(s).
- Recommends to Senior HS&E management and Operations on the tactics/steps required to implement HS&E programs and enhance the HS&E culture for their site(s).
- Coaches, assists and supports site HS&E and Operations people to understand client HS&E needs.
- Develops PSSP (aligned with Ledcor's HS&E program) to meet client requirements.
- Able to perform the HS&E work being supervised. May need to fill in for cross shift or HS&E people shortages.
- Applies expertise to solve problems within the HS&E program guidelines for their site(s).
- Represents Ledcor at client meetings on site level interfaces as required.
- Participates with Operations in the evaluation and selection in staffing; and ongoing performance management processes for HS&E P level positions for the project.
- Resolves day-to-day or routine issues through immediate actions or short-term planning within defined processes.
- Enables and facilitates HS&E and operations resources to meet short-term and long-term HS&E objectives.
- Sets objectives for HS&E employees to achieve HS&E capabilities for their site(s).
- Able to manage difficult HS&E issues and obtain consensus as needed.
- Provides guidance and oversight for incident investigations/management on project site(s).
- 5 + year's relevant industry Health and Safety experience.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Degree/Diploma in OH&S or related discipline preferred.
- Pursuit of CRSP is considered an asset.
- Able to influence work planning and execution by field / operations people as relates to achieving HS&E objectives.
- Enjoys working hard - is action oriented and can be counted on to exceed goals successfully.
- Identifies opportunities to improve - sees them as challenges to overcome.
- Dedicated to meeting requirements of internal and external customers - acts with customers in mind.
- Possess a high level of expertise in incident investigations, determining corrective actions and ensuring follow-up.
- Is an active leader in following HS&E processes and programs towards exceeding HS&E goals.
- Viewed as a mentor and expert in Ledcor HS&E program and practices, health and safety regulations,and proactive safety activities and programs.
- Possess a good understanding of work processes.
- Has broad knowledge of HS&E practices.
- Must possess CSTS.09 (Construction Safety Training Systems).
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Field based role in Kitimat, BC.
- Rotation is 10 days on and 4 days off.
- Camp provide for non-local candidates.
- This role requires working primarily outdoors in various weather conditions.
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is committed to facilitating project success by providing a workforce with representation from the Indigenous and local communities. We will have this commitment in mind when considering your job application. Date Posted