Full Time Regular Job Summary
We are seeking an experienced Project Safety Coordinator for the Vancouver area with over 5 years' experience in the commercial construction industry. As the Project Safety Coordinator, you are responsible for field leadership and delivery of the Health, Safety and Environmental programs at the project level.
You are an accredited safety professional with experience in the commercial construction industry, including high-rise tower, commercial and institutional projects.
You will be responsible for assisting project teams in the day-to-day operations by influencing, developing and implementing project safety plans to help achieve the corporate goal of zero incidents. Responsibilities
• Works under the day to day direction of the project superintendent to verify the project is properly and effectively implementing Ledcor's Health, Safety and Environmental Protection (HS&E) standards.
• Conducting and documenting inspections to verify compliance with corporate policies and health and safety regulations hazards.
• Identifies corrective action to be taken when unsafe acts are identified during an inspection process; assists in resolving any issues of non-compliance; and provides education to supervisors, sub-contractors, and project site personnel in matters of health and safety.
• Actively participate in safety investigations, responsible for gathering information and documentation.
• Participates and supports project staff and contractors in conducting effective incident investigations that identify underlying causes and effective corrective measures.
• Ensures all required HS&E documentation (subcontractor documentation, health and safety inspections, audits, daily hazard assessments, toolbox talks and safe work procedures and meeting minutes) are effectively organized and copies are shared with the appropriate groups.
• Reviews incident reports, monthly statistics, inspection reports and can identify undesirable trends and provide appropriate recommendations. Develop appropriate recommendations, would book training sessions if needed, bring in external resource
• Works with the project team on the development/implementation of project specific safety plans, job hazard assessments and safe work procedures.
• Chairs and participates in Ledcor tool box and project joint health and safety committee.
• Acts as a coach and mentor for project staff and contractors by assisting in resolving any issues of non-compliance; and provides education to supervisors, contractors, and project site personnel in matters of health and safety and to promote Ledcor's safety culture.
• Acts as a resource to project staff in Ledcor health, safety and environmental protection processes and procedures.
• Maintains a working knowledge of, and provides consultative advice to project site personnel on, the interpretation of local and provincial regulations as they relate to both public and work-site safety
• Assists and supports the implementation of the health and safety policies and procedures in accordance with Ledcor and regulatory requirements.
• Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with management, project team members, contractors, public and regulatory officers.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the project superintendent.Requirements
• Must have a minimum of 5 years relevant health and safety experience.
• Possession of BC Construction Safety Officer (CSO) or National Construction Safety Officer designation (NCSO).
• Possession or pursuit of Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or other professional HS&E designation is desired, but not required.
• Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
• Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Thorough knowledge of local government health and safety acts, policies, regulations, codes and practices.
• Experience in safety investigations is a must
• Working level of understanding of basic HS&E functions; such as, Occupational Hygiene, Ergonomics, Confined Space and Incident investigations.
• Strong knowledge of commercial construction practices, techniques and equipment.
• Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to HS&E issues, make timely decisions under pressure within the bounds of Ledcor HS&E program and in a respectful manner.
• Have a competent level of communication and presentation skills.
• Able to collaborate and function effectively within a team environment.
• Ability to support operations staff and project safety coordinators to set, articulate, achieve challenging goals and pursues these matters with drive and urgency.
• Have practical leadership skills to build relationships and motivate and operational and HS&E teams. Work Conditions
Ability to physically traverse uneven ground and heights, climb ladders/stairs, and stand for extended periods of time.Date Posted