Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a Superintendent who is responsible for the successful execution and completion of large diameter pipeline projects with crew sizes upwards of 800 employees. As part of your role, you will ensure construction operations are performed in a safe and efficient manner.
Join our True Blue team today!Responsibilities
- Demonstrates leadership in the application of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors
- Develops, maintains and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with the project and operations team to ensure budgets and timelines are met
- Ensures pipeline operations are well organized and coordinated and comply with client specifications and regulatory requirements
- Maintains strong working relationships with client representatives, subcontractors, suppliers and labour force
- Oversees project reporting that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information
- Strategically plans and implements manpower levels and material quantities and ensures proper equipment and trades are available as required
- Assumes leadership role and provides guidance to field supervisors to contribute to their development and career growth; including conducting performance reviews and identifying training needs
- Works with the field operations supervision to identify and select qualified field personnel
- Assumes a leadership role and provides guidance to project team members to contribute to their development and career growth
- Facilitates "Respect in the Workplace" by identifying problems and providing support in terms of worker attitude.
- 10+ years of experience in pipeline construction with several years in a leadership capacity at the superintendent level is required
- Previous experience executing successful pipeline projects in mountainous terrain is an asset
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong computer skills using the MS Office suite are required
- Thorough and deep knowledge of the civil and mechanical aspects of pipeline construction including practices, contracts, processes and techniques in grading, welding and coating
- A strong safety record and the ability to work with a variety of individuals to reach solutions in conflict situations
- Ability to manage changing priorities and possesses a track record of successfully managing client relationships effectively
- Proven ability to build and maintain successful work crews; has manpower network and the ability to leverage those relationships within the industry
- Effective leader who can motivate and facilitate people and maintain effective relationships with clients, subcontractors and suppliers
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver's license and clean drivers abstract
- Site based position working on multiple sites located in BC
- 6 days on / 1 day off shift rotation working 12 hours per day
- Additional overtime may be required based on project schedule
- Camp lodging provided or Living Out Allowance provided in lieu of accommodations
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!