Full Time Regular Job Summary
Ledcor's Highway Maintenance Division provides services on long term contracts covering 3400 kilometers of provincial highways in Alberta and 188 kilometers of roadway in northeastern British Columbia. Services include: snow and ice control, crack filling, spray patch, line painting, bridge maintenance, road inspections, signs, guardrail, erosion control and vegetation control.
We are seeking an experienced Foreperson in Beaverlodge, Alberta for our Highway Maintenance division. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a crew of equipment operators and labourers, as well as ensuring the maintenance and safety of the equipment.Responsibilities
- Demonstrate ability to manage resources, equipment, labour, and subcontractors in order to perform highway maintenance activities
- Plan and prioritize work to meet contractual deadlines
- Conduct road condition report inspections and track quality of work performed
- Inspect equipment regularly and ensure preventative maintenance schedules are followed
- Complete daily paperwork and conduct daily toolbox meetings
- Ensure the safety of the crew, facility, and environment
- May perform other duties as required
- Previous supervisory experience on a highway maintenance construction site or similar
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must successfully complete pre-employment Functional Abilities and Medical testing
- Must possess a valid class 3 driver's license with air endorsement
- Incorporates HS&E concepts into work activities and demonstrates concern for others health & safety (co-workers, clients, and sub trades)
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Applicants that reside in or are willing to relocate to Beaverlodge will be given preference due to the nature of the work
- Shift work, on-call, and night shift may be required
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor Highways builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!