Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a professional and experienced AME holding an M or E license (or a combination of the two) seeking the next step in your career. Your resilience and positive attitude along with your demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills will see you exceed in this role.
As the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) Crew Chief you will be responsible for providing direction and supervision to AMEs and Apprentices to ensure the maintenance crew performs activities as planned in conjunction with the Maintenance Controller. In addition, you will be responsible for performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on aircrafts listed in the Summit Air Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO), and to carry out certification of the aircraft for flight (maintenance release).
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced AME to take the next step in their career with Summit Air!Responsibilities
- Plans, directs and oversees activities of the maintenance crew ensuring compliance with all safety regulations and practices whilst leading the team to promote and facilitate a safe and respectful working environment
- Leads and mentors' apprentices and mechanics including conducting regular performance reviews and ensures all maintenance alerts and memos are read, understood and complied with.
- Communicates and liaises with the maintenance, flight crew and dispatch teams, as required.
- Performs all maintenance activities in accordance with the applicable standards of airworthiness and ensures all paperwork for assigned tasks is complete and accurate before handing back to Crew Chief.
- Identifies possible Service Difficulty Report (SDR) situations and reports to Maintenance Controller.
- Troubleshoots faulty systems to determine a course of rectification and conducts hangar clean-up.
- Carries out the applicable maintenance release of an aircraft as authorized to do so by their individual Aircraft Certification Authority (ACA).
- Travels with an aircraft and apprentice / mechanic if it is assigned away from base for an extended period of time, as required.
- Acts as temporary Maintenance Controller, if instructed to do so by Director of Maintenance.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a licensed AME, preferably working with larger aircrafts
- Possess Transport Canada AME M or E license (or a combination of the two) and the ability to hold ACA
- Hold necessary endorsements for the type of aircraft on which crews will be expected to work
- Previous experience working on ATR42/72, DHC-8, BAE146, RJ85/100, D228 aircraft would be an asset
- Ability to direct and supervise the work of and provide practical training to AME's, including foster apprentices towards successfully attaining an AME license
- Attention to detail with the proven ability to prioritize and multi-task with excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Proven observational, decision-making and time management skills, including efficient computer abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to foster a positive and goal-oriented working culture
- Night shift 5:00pm - 5:00am, working a 7 on 7 off shift rotation
- Yellowknife, NT based position
Summit Air, a Ledcor subsidiary, has been delivering remote aviation solutions to our customers for over 20 years. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. From moving cargo, to transferring passengers, to recreational flights for adventurers seeking to discover the North, we are a one-stop solution when it comes to safe and reliable aviation support. Learn more at www.flysummitair.com
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted