Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are an experienced Blast Hole Driller who takes pride in the safe and efficient operation of production mining equipment in a surface pit operation. You will be operating a Cat 5150 drill in a large open pit surface mine.
Ledcor is one of the few companies to offer turnkey solutions to mining companies across North America. We have the resources to prepare mine sites, extract minerals on contract for clients, build complete mill facilities, manage mine operations, and carry out reclamation activities once mining operations cease.
We are experienced working in the tough environmental conditions of the mining sector, enabling us to mitigate risks for our clients. Our aware-winning safety programs communicate our safety guidelines to our employees, subcontractors, vendors, and clients - creating a culture of safety at all levels of operations.
Join the Ledcor Mining team in Hawthorne, NV!Responsibilities
- Operates and understands mechanics of a top head drilling unit equipped with multi-function joy sticks and GPS on a mine site
- Drill blast holes 23' to 45' in depth
- Complies with all company, client, legislated safety policies and procedures of drilling in a large open pit surface mine
- Detects and performs small mechanical repairs to the drill
- Accomplishes all drill production targets set forth without harming the drill
- Comprehends all drill tooling, their functions and how to properly and safely apply to the drill rig
- Understands the limitations of the drill rig and the performances it can safely provide
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other team members
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum three years' drilling experience in a surface mining environment is preferred
- Must possess drilling experience, on a mine site using a Cat 5150 Drill
- Must have thorough knowledge of drill patterns and the structure in which they are developed
- Current MSHA surface certification is required
- Proven safety and attendance records is required
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Must be able to provide a driver's abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug, alcohol, and physical capability testing
- Must be able to arrange own accommodations; various options available in Hawthorne, or nearby RV parks
- Rotation of 5/4, 12-hour day shifts; night shifts may be required
- Ability to work overtime may be required
- Exact location of project site is 30 miles west of Hawthorne, 5 miles north of Luning along highway 361
- $30 per diem offered to those who reside out of the area
- Employee benefits package and 401k plan participation offered after 60 days of continuous employment
Ledcor Mining services reach across the lifespan of a mine, from facility construction, to full-scale contract mining of coal, minerals, or metals, all the way to mine reclamation. Our service offerings are vast-as are the projects we work on.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security