Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an accomplished Safety Coordinator with 5+ years' experience on ICI commercial and/or mid to high rise residential construction projects. You excel in partnering with front line supervisors and operations staff to meet and exceed Ledcor's safety standards by influencing, developing and implementing project safety plans to help achieve the corporate goal of zero incidents. This is an outstanding opportunity where you can expect to diversify your career with exciting and challenging projects for one of Canada's Top-Rated Workplaces.
Join Ledcor's Building team in Vancouver, BC today!Responsibilities
- Implements and maintains Ledcor's Health, Safety and Environmental (HS&E) standards, systems and procedures
- Conducts and documents inspections to verify compliance with corporate policies and health and safety regulation hazards
- Identifies corrective action to be taken when unsafe acts are identified during an inspection process; assists in resolving any issues of non-compliance; and provides education to supervisors, sub-contractors, and project site personnel in matters of health and safety
- Ensures all required HS&E documentation (subcontractor documentation, health and safety inspections, audits, daily hazard assessments, toolbox talks and safe work procedures and meeting minutes) are effectively organized and copies are shared with the appropriate groups
- Reviews incident reports, monthly statistics, inspection reports and can identify undesirable trends and provide appropriate recommendations
- Works with the project team on the development/implementation of project specific safety plans, job hazard assessments and safe work procedures
- Chairs and participates in Ledcor tool box and project joint health and safety committee meetings
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with management, project team members, contractors, public and regulatory officers
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the project superintendent
- Minimum of 5 years relevant health and safety experience
- Possession of BC Construction Safety Officer (CSO) or National Construction Safety Officer designation (NCSO)
- Possession or pursuit of Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or other professional HS&E designation is desired, but not required
- Thorough knowledge of local government health and safety acts, policies, regulations, codes and practices
- Working level of understanding of basic HS&E functions; such as, Occupational Hygiene, Ergonomics, Confined Space and Incident investigations
- Strong knowledge of commercial construction practices, techniques and equipment
- Ability to identify problems / issues, generate solutions, dissolve conflict and make sound decisions
- Proven skills in probing, listening carefully and presenting information clearly in an appropriate style
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to HS&E issues, make timely decisions under pressure within the bounds of Ledcor HS&E program and in a respectful manner.
- Ability to support operations staff and project safety coordinators to set, articulate, achieve challenging goals and pursues these matters with drive and urgency
- Demonstrated willingness to contribute actively in team activities by sharing experiences and ideas
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol requirements
- Site based position
- Ability to physically traverse uneven ground and heights, climb ladders / stairs, and stand for extended periods of time
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects - of all sizes - across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!