Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are an experienced, dynamic, and hard-working senior corporate legal administrative assistant seeking an opportunity to apply your administrative skills and become a valuable part of a team of legal professionals within a dynamic organization. You are enthusiastic about learning and interested in taking on diverse responsibilities to develop your corporate paralegal skills.
As Legal Administrative Assistant, you will be an integral part of Ledcor's in-house legal department, providing both legal administrative and corporate support to Ledcor's General Counsel and Senior Counsel with all aspects of file management, administrative matters, and commercial transactions.
Join Ledcor's legal department in San Diego, CA Responsibilities
- Drafts correspondence and edits, formats, and revises letters, memoranda, reports, commercial agreements and other documents; prepares blacklines and maintains document control
- Performs general clerical and administrative duties including photocopying, printing, faxing, mailing, filing, opening and closing legal files, and preparing transaction binders
- Maintains all electronic and physical legal files for the Associate General Counsel and Senior Counsel
- Reviews departmental mail, monitors and responds to incoming telephone calls, and communicates with all levels of management
- Manages the General Counsel daily calendar, including the planning and scheduling of appointments, meetings, conferences and travel, and registration for courses and conferences; makes travel arrangements as required
- Processes General Counsel expenses and external counsel invoices
- Provides technical assistance to General Counsel and, including coordination of office supplies, computer/communications product and office furniture orders
- Duties would NOT include corporate records maintenance or the preparation of Annual Reports and associated resolutions
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum 6 years of experience working as a corporate/commercial legal administrative assistant,
- Certificate or diploma from a recognized college-level legal administrative assistant program
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint; familiarity with Visio would be an asset
- Previous experience with Workshare Compare or similar preferred
- Strong analytical expertise in reviewing and editing documents/reports/presentations/data to ensure a high degree of accuracy and detail, and that professional standards are being maintained
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities and interruptions, and work effectively under pressure while meeting deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated reliability, superior judgement and professionalism, and a high degree of sensitivity for confidentiality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proactive, responsive and resourceful, eager to take the initiative and learn new skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision, troubleshooting assigned tasks and liaising with internal and external resources as appropriate
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a client service attitude and an ability to work collaboratively with others
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- This is a temporary full-time 10 week contract
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America's most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an EEO/AAP employer; all decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security