Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced Construction Manager who possesses the skills and abilities to successfully execute Industrial Construction projects. As the Construction Manager, you are responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day field operations to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget. You are a recognized expert in the organization, implementing the project plan and schedule, ensure safety and quality control, and delegate work to field staff, contractors, and trades people.
Join our Ledcor Industrial teamon site today!Responsibilities
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the Project Quality Program (PQP).
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that high quality standards are maintained.
- Supervises field employees, makes sure their work is planned and performed with a high level of efficiency, workmanship, and quality.
- Develops, maintains, and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with project team; ensures project milestones and completion dates are met.
- Strategically plans and implements manpower levels and material quantities and ensures proper equipment and trades are available as required.
- Assumes a leadership role and provides guidance to project team members in order to contribute to their development and career growth.
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the projects ongoing progression.
- Oversees project reporting that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information.
- Supports and promotes Ledcor's core values of safety, quality, integrity, sustainability and success.
- Performs other related duties as outlined in Ledcor's Construction Operations Manual.
- 5+ years of construction experience as a Superintendent or similar direct supervisory role.
- Must be an Interprovincial Red Seal or have a Journeyperson ticket from a recognized provincial training authority.
- Previous experience overseeing and managing up to 200+ employees/craft, including Superintendents and General Foremen.
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes.
- Solid understanding of current construction practices.
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget.
- Strong knowledge of construction documents, contracts, costs, and budgets.
- Strong working knowledge of scheduling and project management.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders needs, and identify solutions.
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule; can influence and persuade others to adopt a point of view.
- Facilitation and mentoring skills-ability to move the team forward and resolve conflict situations.
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating, coaching, and consensus-building.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, Outlook. Familiarity with scheduling software.
- Site based position in Canada, location to be determined.
Ledcor Industrial offers an integrated range of services from construction, engineering, and maintenance to pipe fabrication and module assembly. We offer turnkey solutions to our oil and gas clients and have built some of the continent's largest oil and gas projects.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!