Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are anexperienced Foreman with a background in Mining. As the Foreman, you will be the first line supervisor for our contracting mining project near Eureka, Nevada. The Foreman is responsible for the direct supervision of operating employees and deployment of equipment to meet production and safety requirements.
From building roads and developing mine sites, the folks who work in our Mining division literally make the earth move to get at the resources the world needs to operate.
Come join our Mining team in Eureka, Nevada today!Responsibilities
- Supervision of a 15 to 21 person crew in a surface production mining environment; ensuring all safety and production requirements are met.
- Ensures all administrative data for the operations is generated accurately and in a timely manner; including all equipment and personnel time sheets and log books as well as daily diaries and production reports as required.
- Ensures full understanding and compliance of Ledcor's Health, Safety & Environment manuals, policies and procedures; any site specific requirements from the client and also the British Columbia mines act, codes and general rules.
- Proactively supports Ledcor's commitment of always operating in a safe manner and achieving a target of zero accidents or incidents.
- Manages safety issues and conducts investigations as required.
- Manages the well-being of all direct report employees; communicates and delegates the expectations of responsibilities to each individual in the crew.
- Ensures the highest levels of efficiency and productivity while ensuring safety of personnel and care of equipment.
- Coordinates and communicates with the other Foremen and project personnel to ensure the correct sequencing of operations.
- Liaises with the Blasting Supervisor regarding blast timings, movement of equipment and personnel, road blocks and any other related matters; participates in the development of short term mining and blast plans.
- Ensures ongoing maintenance of haul roads to agreed standards.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- 3 - 5 years experience in Supervision of crews in a mining environment.
- Post - secondary education in a related field, would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Good understanding of the capabilities and limitations of a variety of open pit mining equipment.
- Mine rescue training is an asset.
- 2+ years experience in heavy equipment operation.
- Current MSHA certification required.
- Must possess a valid Class C or greater driver's license.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background screen.
- Must be able to pass drug screen & physical requirements.
- Knowledge of MSHA regulations is an asset.
- Team Leader in safety policies and procedures a must.
- Strong planning, organizational and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Rotating day and night shifts may be required.
- Up to 95% expectancy of field work around the mine project.
Ledcor Mining services reach across the lifespan of a mine, from facility construction, to full-scale contract mining of coal, minerals, or metals, all the way to mine reclamation. Our service offerings are vast-as are the projects we work on.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security