Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced Design & Engineering Manager, responsible for leading and developing a team of telecommunications network OSP designers, drafters, fielders, permit coordinators, aerial coordinators, third-party conduit coordinators, project assigned GIS analysts and other associated outside plant engineering personnel. You possess well-rounded OSP engineering knowledge, leadership abilities, client management skills and are able to lead and grow a team of designers.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in London, ON, in this exciting and dynamic role.Responsibilities
- Direct supervision of designers, including performance management and training
- Coordinating with designers to ensure scope of work has been adhered to
- Proposal and estimate preparation, review and costing analysis
- Ensuring scheduled deadlines and project deliverables are maintained for all engineering related assignments
- Managing work to approved budgets and schedules.
- Following company standards and procedures related to Health & Safety while performing assigned job duties. Incorporating safety into all aspects of designs
- Quality and safety reviews of outside plant civil design and analysis of underground and pole transition infrastructure
- Providing feedback and collaborating with Design & Engineering Managers for process improvements and procedural changes
- Provides oversight of contract labor management, including developing consistent scope of work requirements, assisting with pricing negotiations and providing approvals for contract labor company selection
- Other duties as required
- 10+ years in the telecommunications or engineering industries
- 5+ years managing engineers or designers
- Experience in design and/or construction of outside plant telecommunication network infrastructure
- Fibre optic or Hybrid Fibre Coax (HFC) network design and construction experience is considered an asset
- Familiar with applicable codes and standards (e.g. CSA, provincial)
- Professional engineer status (P.Eng) considered an asset
- Though this role is primarily an office based role there will be some expected overnight travel
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted