Full Time Regular Job Summary
The Payroll Supervisor is responsible for supervising the Payroll Administrators, ensuring that all payroll processing is executed appropriately and in a timely manner. Operating as the subject matter expert, this individual addresses escalated matters and resolves issues while conducting payroll processing and other core payroll duties.
The Payroll Supervisor collaborates with and supports the Senior Payroll Manager to define processes and procedures to optimize team performance and identifies and assists in the implementation of operational improvements and initiatives.
Join the team at Ledcor in Vancouver today!Responsibilities
- Participates in the processing of payroll as necessary and conducts payroll end-to-end testing for new union agreements and other new programs and updates.
- Coordinates and participates in all standard year end activities.
- Supervises and directs a team of payroll administrators.
- Addresses escalated customer issues and solves problems within the team.
- Coaches and mentors staff by creating personal development plans, identifying training opportunities and performing ongoing and annual reviews.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and assists in reviewing and developing standards and guidelines for payroll processing.
- Assists the Payroll Manager in developing, implementing and maintaining internal controls by performing periodic internal audits.
- Trains team members on new or enhanced operational procedures and policies.
- Coordinates and reviews quarterly account reconciliations and other account reviews.
- Performs HR/Payroll cost analysis as required for audit and internal analysis requests; prepares and distributes burden analysis as required.
- Ensures all statutory / third party reporting and remittances are completed as per requirements.
- Ensures statutory, third party and benefit remittances are reconciled as required.
- Collaborates with Treasury in the review of weekly tax and payroll payment reconciliations.
- Develops and manages effective relationships within own area of responsibility.
- Builds client relationships with divisional operations, HR and IR through ongoing customer support, providing prompt responses to inquiries and requests.
- May perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Finance, Accounting or business administration
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP)
- Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation and/or enrollment in or completion of Canadian Professional Accountant (CPA) program is preferred
- 5 years of recent progressively responsible payroll experience in a complex, high volume, unionized environment
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in a supervisory role
- Proven leadership and supervisory abilities including performance management and staff development experience
- Experience with HCM and payroll systems
- Experience processing payroll "in house" is a significant asset
- Previous project management experience would be an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of statutory and other regulations governing payrolls, benefits, accounting and fiscal procedures
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines regularly, with strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Capable of dealing with sensitive and/or specialized issues requiring tact and diplomacy to arrive at a satisfactory resolution
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new applications, methods, and techniques; JDE experience is a definite asset
Our Finance team is responsible for all corporate accounting, payroll, treasury, and taxation functions for the Ledcor Group. We provide prompt, accurate service and a professional approach to meeting and anticipating Ledcor's financial needs. We are a diverse team equipped to support the growth of our company.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!