Full Time Regular Job Summary
As a CAD Technician you will prepare outside plant (OSP) drawings for telecommunications projects. You have working knowledge of utility services and permit requirements of municipalities and are skilled in utilizing AutoCAD Map 3D or other current versions of the software. Leveraging your experience, you will be responsible for drafting clear, detailed, and complete drawings that incorporate permit ordinances, design inputs, sketches and field notes.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services Team in Mississauga, ON today!Responsibilities
- Work with the GIS group to incorporate landbase, utility information, existing plant records and municipal data to create base maps
Interact with engineers / designers to develop preliminary and construction drawings from preliminary concepts, surveys and design standards
- Prepare permit drawings, outside plant construction drawings, and final as-built drawings
- Prepare permit applications in strict conformance with the Municipal Consent Requirements (MCR), particularly with City drawing standards
- Develop and create new drawings and standardize it for multiple Cities application. Include fix/edit an existing drawing to conform to the LEDCOR's current acceptable design standards
- Create buried and aerial utility plant utility drawings in accordance with CSA and ESA standards
- Prepare plan and profile drawings in CAD which include duct design, occupancy, route alignment, manhole and structure details
- Review and validate designs in accordance with CSA standards, municipal and client standards
- Perform duties such as creating and plotting drawing sets, updating as-built records and document control
- Maintain CAD document archive and retrieval for projects
- QA/QC of own work to ensure that drawings are checked, approved and filed in accordance with company quality system
- Perform/assist quantity takeoffs based on drawing information
- Graduate of a CAD drafting technician or technology program (preference is for civil, architectural or electrical engineering technologist)
- Possess 1-3 years on the job experience as a CAD Technician / Designer
- Well versed in AutoCAD and Visio, with experience with AutoCAD and AutoCAD Map 3D
- Experience with outside plant design for utilities or municipality utility infrastructure
- Working knowledge of coordinate systems, projections and interacting with GIS databases
- Working knowledge of GIS databases, including Google Earth or ArcGIS
- Prior experience with Telecommunication utility outside plant (OSP) networks is an asset
- Familiar with Bell or Rogers standards is an asset
- Experience creating Municipal Consent Drawings would be an asset
- Experience in GIS and Net-X will be considered an asset
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
*LTS Technicians*Date Posted