Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced Design & Engineering Leader with expertise in Outside Plant (OSP)/Inside Plant (ISP) communications engineering for Fiber-Optics (both Long Haul and Middle Mile) projects.You will lead a regional Engineering function with a focus on business unit growth, driving innovation, and attracting and managing highly skilled and motivated employees.You are recognized as a subject matter expert in outside plant/utility engineering and innovation leader across the industry.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Toronto, ON in this exciting and dynamic role!Responsibilities
- Direct leadership and mentoring of managers as well as front line team members.
- Proposal and estimate preparation, review and costing analysis.
- Ensuring scheduled deadlines and project deliverables are maintained for all engineering related assignments.
- Managing work to approved budgets and schedules.
- Following company standards and procedures related to Health & Safety while performing assigned job duties. Incorporating safety into all aspects of designs.
- Quality and safety reviews of outside plant civil design and analysis of underground and pole transition infrastructure.
- Providing feedback and collaborating with Design & Engineering Managers for process improvements and procedural changes.
- Provides oversight of contract labor management, including developing consistent scope of work requirements, assisting with pricing negotiations and providing approvals for contract labor company selection.
- You will interact with Sales, Construction, field operations, HR, and Senior Management internally.
- You will interact with Clients, and vendors potentially at a variety of levels as well.
- 8+ years in the telecommunications or engineering industries.
- 5+ years managing engineers or designers.
- Experience in design and/or construction of outside plant telecommunication network infrastructure.
- Fibre optic or Hybrid Fibre Coax (HFC) network design and construction experience is considered an asset.
- Familiar with applicable codes and standards. Municipal, Provincial and Federal.
- Professional engineer status (P.Eng) is preferred.
- A related Diploma, Degree or Professional Certification will be considered an asset.
- Office based position with travel required.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted