Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are a Journeyperson or Apprentice Carpenter who takes pride in safe work practices. If you have experience working with concrete forming or working within the high-rise construction environment, then take advantage of the opportunity!
Ledcor offers long-term career potential with a strong track record of internal advancement throughout the company. Join the Ledcor Buildings Group in Vancouver and across the lower mainland. Responsibilities
- Comprehends blueprint readings to prepare layouts including selecting materials, planning sequences and methods of work, and measuring and marking materials to avoid costly mistakes or omissions
- Works with team to ensure tasks are completed safety, correctly, and on schedule
- Complete daily Field Level Hazard Assessments
- Strong work ethic
- Ensure safe work procedures are understood and followed
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Must have a Journeyperson Carpenter Ticket from a recognized provincial training authority or be a Registered Carpenter Apprentice with a recognized provincial training authority
- Non-ticketed carpenters must provide proof of hours and experience relevant to the carpentry trade.
- Must have proficiency in fall protection with an active fall protection ticket.
- Background in commercial high-rise construction beneficial.
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Ability to work at heights and on the leading edge.
- The ability to lift [75lbs] and perform other physically demanding duties
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Work as a team player with fellow co-workers, subtrades and consultants
- Have attention to detail and good organization skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Committed to ensuring a safe workplace
- Punctual, reliable, dependable and self-motivated
- Able to commute to any of our site locations throughout the Metro Vancouver area
- Level I First Aid is an asset as is boom/scissor lift and Fall Protection training
- Typical 5 days a week. 6 days when required
- Overtime may be required to meet construction deadlines
- Must be open to night shifts when required
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC - extended health plan (prescription drugs, dental, and other coverages)
- Group BC medical coverage and matching retirement savings plan
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects - of all sizes - across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!