Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a Safety and Quality (S&Q) Specialist with 5+ years of experience partnering with front line supervisors and operations to meet and exceed safety and quality standards on project sites. Your solid safety background, combined with your extensive fiber-optic and construction background, allowsyou to monitor construction quality and suggest/request improvements to practices. As the S&Q Specialist, you will refer to construction drawings and specifications and utilizeelectronic checklists to audit construction quality and perform desktop reviews of construction closeout packages.You will employ a multi-faceted approach and provide key oversight and assistance in ensuring safe worksites are maintained while delivering a high-quality fiber network.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Elmhurst, IL today!Responsibilities
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures including: tracking pre-qualification data; maintaining inventory of hazardous products, first aid and personal protective equipment on site; and maintaining, recording and filing confidential information, metrics and spreadsheets in databases.
- Implements, coordinates, and maintains systems and procedures in accordance with project specifications and design requirements.
- Provides assistance and acts as a resource to project site and management personnel in conducting and maintaining written records of work-site health, safety, and environmental protection inspections, daily toolbox safety meetings, weekly tailgate meeting, Field Level Hazard Assessments, and other tools and processes within the HS&E Program.
- Performs administrative and recordkeeping functions to ensure project specific quality management information is readily available including the completion ofQA documentation.
- Performs regular worksite inspections and supports audits as required to verify the effective implementation of the Project Specific Safety Program.
- Ensures subcontractor compliance with installation specifications, construction drawings and procedures, and other quality documents.
- Helps toidentify appropriate corrective actions to be taken when unsafe acts are identified during an inspection process; assists in resolving any issues of non-compliance; and provides education to supervisors, sub-contractors, and project site personnel in matters of health, safety, and environmental protection.
- Supports theimplementation of subcontractor management controls.
- Initiates/assists with the nonconformance and corrective action process when materials, products or services do not meet the required specifications.
- Performs ongoing inspections to ensure compliance by all field personnel to QA and inspection procedures; promotes continuous improvement throughout the project.
- Participates in the planning of Quality items, verifies that testing equipment is properly maintained, ensures permanent materials are supplied in accordance with Quality specifications.
- Assists the Site Quality Manager and/or Project Manager with updating and maintaining the project Quality Management System and Project Quality Plan.
- May perform other duties as required.
- 5+ years of health & safety experience or combination of health & safety and trades experience; telecommunications, fiber optic constructionexperience (both aerial and underground)is stronglypreferred.
- Supervisory experience is considered an asset.
- General familiarity with ISO-conformant Quality Management Systems and concepts is considered an asset.
- Standard first aid is required, advanced first aid is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of state and federal OSHA requirements including 29 CFR 1910.268, and prior experience in fall protection.
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form.
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience with Aconex is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Ability to identify issues, generate solutions and make sound decisions using standard procedures.
- Proven skills in probing and listening carefully, presenting information clearly in an appropriate style, and persuading others in straightforward situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all personnel and business matters.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver's license and motor vehicle driving record.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check andpre-employment drug & alcohol requirements.
- Ability to travel.
- Site and office based position.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Location: 723 N. Oaklawn Avenue, Elmhurst, Illinois, 60126 Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
*LTSOPSUPS* Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security