Full Time Temporary Job Summary
As a Manager, Community and Stakeholder Relations for a large construction project, you will lead the development and execution of a stakeholder and indigenous engagement plan. In this role, you will utilize your strong communication and planning skills to ensure that all stakeholder engagement initiatives are fully executed and reported on.
This position is project based, contract role. The location is in Edmonton, AB with travel to Valemount and Blue River, BC.
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity to have an impact on local, regional and Indigenous communities, then this opportunity is for you. Join the Ledcor Pipeline team today!Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver against a stakeholder engagement plan for all regions to ensure strategic, consistent, measurable and regular reporting of engagement with key stakeholders and communities.
- Act as the key community liaison for indigenous, local and regional communities, partnering with the operations leadership, indigenous relations, training and recruitment teams.
- Interface with client representatives, ensuring our commitments to the community engagement plan are being fulfilled, including regular reporting.
- Accountable for tracking project hires on-boarding; such as training documentation, drug and alcohol testing and compliance tracking.
- Onsite resource acting as a liaison between Recruitment and Operations teams.
- Oversee the integrity of indigenous consultation processes and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Ensure that indigenous contractor/employee representation meets labour market availability.
- Ensure agreements with indigenous communities are monitored and upheld.
- Conduct research and needs analysis of engagement initiatives; recommend and report on specific initiatives report and provide recommendations.
- Organize and facilitate consultation meetings, town halls, open houses and round tables within the community.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within the communities.
- Develop and execute communication plans and strategies to support engagement activities.
- Identify opportunities to provide community benefits through economic participation, training programs, sponsorships and donations.
- Communicate effectively with business leadership regarding ongoing initiatives, upcoming events, issue escalation and other information.
- Manage the escalation process by facilitating issues with key stakeholders, ensuring timely attention and resolution.
- Interface with Public affairs for any media communications.
- Act as a brand ambassador within the community.
- University degree in Business, Communications, Government or Public Relations preferred.
- 10+ years' experience with stakeholder relations, indigenous relations or government & public affairs.
- Previous experience working on complex project initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster effective relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders in a matrix environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to write effectively and present information to different audiences.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proactive, self-directed and results oriented.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol requirements.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment.
- Site based position.
- Ability to travel extensively to various communities impacted by the project.
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!