Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are a thorough and accurate Civil Quality Control Coordinator with 3 -5 years' experience with infrastructure projects. You will participate in the project quality plan by working collaboratively to perform general inspections and initiate non-conformance processes.
Come join our True Blue team in Kitimat today! Responsibilities
- Reviews contract documents and participates in the development of the Project Quality Plan (PQP). Provides Quality Manager with ongoing measurements and improvements to the quality process.
- Implements, coordinates and maintains systems and procedures in accordance with PQP.
- Ensures quality records are accurately completed with a focus on the required quality processes and the specification requirements for the related discipline activity.
- Identifies and corrects non-conforming conditions and deficiencies when materials or products do not meet the required specifications.
- Develops inspection test plans to meet project requirements.
- Participates in regular meetings with Quality Manager and other quality representatives, providing insight and perspective from the project site.
- Interfaces with project teams, sub-trades, clients and contacts, where requested by project management.
- Oversees quality submittals and reporting.
- Participates in meetings as requested.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- Completion of post-secondary education in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineering Designation, EIT, P Tech or P Eng with APEGA and/or APEGBC.
- 3-5 years of related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience.
- Experience with earth works, paving and concrete is an asset.
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office.
- Effective communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form.
- Able to identify problems/issues and generates solutions and makes sound decisions using standard procedures.
- Capable of probing and listening carefully, presenting information clearly in an appropriate style and persuading others in straightforward situations.
- Willing to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas.
- Must possess CSTS.09 (Construction Safety Training Systems).
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Site based rotational role.
- Camp provided for non-local candidates.
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is committed to facilitating project success by providing a workforce with representation from the Indigenous and local communities. We will have this commitment in mind when considering your job application. Date Posted