Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced Superintendent with experience as a Heavy Duty Mechanic in large industrial oil and gas projects. You will be responsible for providing guidance to project staff and responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day operations. Another key responsibility will be to ensure construction operations are performed in a safe and efficient manner.
Join Ledcor's Constructors team in Kitimat today!Responsibilities
- Ensure that site safety measures meet or exceed the parameters set out by the corporate safety manual, the client and any other applicable regulatory authorities.
- Ensure that all repairs and component changes are properly documented.
- Conduct regular field inspections / observations to identify any unsafe work practices and to ensure proper maintenance practices are being followed.
- Be available to any site which is having equipment problems which may require technical expertise in resolving any issues.
- Oversees the care and maintenance of company vehicles and equipment on the project to maximize availability.
- Ensures the equipment is kept in a safe and environmentally working condition, serviced at the appropriate intervals and ensures wear items such as cutting edges, liner packages, etc. are being maintained within acceptable wear limits.
- Meet with the Project Managers on a regular basis to review any concerns they may have relating to the equipment on their site.
- Hires and manages hourly employees as required.
- Reviews any major equipment repair shutdowns.
- Reviews potential equipment rentals and potential equipment purchases.
- Participates in weekly planning meetings between Maintenance and Operations to ensure equipment is being properly maintained while ensuring operational requirements are met.
- Develops and maintains vendor relationships and assists in warranty claims.
- Reviews and manages on-site parts inventory.
- Monitors and ensures safe use and storage of lubricants, gases and waste on site.
- Knowledge of the grievance process.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Heavy duty mechanic or post-secondary education in a related field preferred.
- 5-10 years experience in an equipment management role in the heavy civil or mining industry.
- Experience with a CMMS, specifically J.D. Edwards, would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Outlook.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Decision making and time management skills.
- Knowledge of equipment costs and budgets.
- A strong safety record and the ability to work with a variety of individuals.
- Capacity to understand and interpret stakeholder needs and identify solutions to non-routine tasks or queries.
- Ability to adapt information and communication style to the audience.
- Skilled at promoting teamwork to establish consensus among team and stakeholders.
- Familiar with mining/heavy civil/infrastructure construction methodology, practices and equipment.
- Must possess CSTS.09 (Construction Safety Training Systems).
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- You will be expected to work various schedules based on the project requirements.
- Camp accommodations or living allowance provided for non-locals.
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is committed to facilitating project success by providing a workforce with representation from the Indigenous and local communities. We will have this commitment in mind when considering your job application. Date Posted