Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a career-oriented and experienced Claims Person with professional experience in both litigation and full cycle claims seeking the next step in your career. Reporting to the Director, Risk Management your leadership on establishing claims resolution strategies while maintaining strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders will see you succeed in this role.
This position requires confidence in evaluating coverage for losses under the relevant policy and advocating Ledcor's position to insurers and adjusters. This position has responsibility for consultation and advisory services to management and staff regarding insurance, coverage evaluation and claims handling strategies, pursuing the recovery of costs and expenses incurred under our various policies, and investigating claims, while identifying and preserving evidence and documents.
Ledcor offers a diverse and dynamic portfolio across all lines of business, this is an excellent opportunity for a claim's management professional to gain exposure to not only grow and develop their career but become a resident expert.
Apply now to become part of Ledcor's True Blue team in Vancouver, BC!Responsibilities Claims Management:
- Manage Ledcor's claim program from notice of loss through final settlement whilst providing leadership on establishing claims resolution strategies and ensure all parties notified in accordance with policy requirements
- Identify opportunities to resolve claims through non-legal means and recover losses to the company and execute the recovery plan
- Represent Risk Management at settlement meetings and instruct external legal counsel
- Establish and foster relationships with Brokers, TPAs and Insurers to enhance Ledcor's reputation in addition to facilitating stakeholder meetings to expedite claims resolution
- Negotiate with Insurers to ensure equitable treatment under the Ledcor polices or Owner polices and deliver formal and ad-hoc Educational support to the business
- Oversee the financial aspects of the claims program, including: reviewing and approving invoices, bills and quarterly billing from the Captive Insurance Company
- Ensure accurate reserves are set
- Work with Business leads to provide relevant and fact-based feedback on claims with recommendations for improvement
- Ensure existing RMIS system is optimized and data integrity issues are addressed
- Establish policies and procedures to promote effective and efficient claims handling
- Minimum 10 years claims experience handling end to end insurance claims, including coverage evaluation and multi-line claims
- Demonstrated understanding of the litigation process and strategies in litigation management
- Completion of a recognized risk management program such as CIP, FCIP, or CRM
- Post-secondary degree in Risk Management, Finance, Business or similar educational background/ experience
- Experience with General Liability, Construction, Professional and Environmental Impairment claims are preferred; familiarity with Aviation and/or Marine claims would be an asset, but not required
- Technical aptitude with strong computers skills with MS Office Suite, experience with BI tools an asset
- Demonstrated negotiation and analytical skills with proven ability to collaborate, engage and influence insurers to resolve and finalize claims
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America's most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
British Columbia, Vancouver, 1067 West Cordova Street, V6C 1C7, Canada