Full Time Regular Job Summary
You have extensive highways maintenance experience with strong leadership skills. Your safety-oriented approach, organizational skills and heavy equipment knowledge contribute to the overall success and safety of your colleagues and the travelling public. When it comes to teamwork, you are paramount in directing work, leading and motivating your crew to develop their knowledge and skills. You will be supporting the Foreman and highways maintenance crew on various activities throughout the Grande Prairie area.
Join the Ledcor Highways team in Grande Prairie, AB!Responsibilities
- Assist Foreman with daily tasks including safety toolbox meetings, equipment inspection, and road condition inspection reports
- Support Foreman in the planning of work to meet contractual milestones
- Monitor the quality of work performed by the crew
- Operate equipment on work sites as needed
- Help ensure health, safety, and environment related concerns are addressed promptly
- May perform other duties as required
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid Class 3 driver's license with air endorsement
- Must provide a copy of a valid 3 year driver's abstract with application
- Must have knowledge of provincial and/or municipal highway maintenance specifications
- Must have professional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be approachable, ethical, and accountable
- Previous supervisory experience in a related field
- Snow plow experience is an asset
- Computer skills are an asset
- Applicants that reside in Grande Prairie, Alberta will be given preference due to the location of the work
- Shift work, on-call, and night shift as necessary
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!