Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a Vice President of Business Development/Commercial working closely with the Senior Leadership team to develop, implement and manage the Ledcor Marine business development strategy. In this role you will also be required to provide support and guidance to the Operations team by providing them with Financial and Business expertise. You are responsible for the preparation and delivery of Bid Pre-qualifications, Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interest proposals and bid presentations.
Your experience allows you to manage new and existing client relationships, key business development activities and strategic growth initiatives. You are accustomed to operating in complex business environments and have a sound understanding of the Marine industry. Responsibilities
- Identifies and assesses opportunities by identifying existing and new client requirements; defines market, competitors' share, and competitors' advantages and weaknesses; forecasts projected business; establishing targeted Ledcor share; and develops resources that will direct contract opportunities to Ledcor.
- Realizes opportunities by planning, orchestrating, preparing, and conducting effective presentations, and by closing deals.
- Improves service marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities.
- Establishes marketing plan by developing strategies, objectives, action plans, schedules, and assignments.
- Leads meetings with customers and partners, to deliver presentations highlighting value proposition and proposed terms and conditions.
- Develops and presents account capture strategies, associated business cases, financial analyses and long range forecasts to key stakeholders and executive leadership team.
- Manages contract negotiations with partners and customers to closure. This includes drafting partnership agreements that describe the nature of the agreement between both parties and resulting activities, and can be clearly used for the execution of the partnership.
- Sustains rapport with prospects and clients by managing a consistently current database, making periodic contact (largely in person), exploring specific needs, and anticipating new opportunities.
- Manage customer contact on an ongoing basis to ensure that the final arrangement is managed properly and results are achieved.
- Works closely with the Operations team to ensure that all the obligations under the contract are being met and that the Company extracts the maximum value from these contracts by making sure that the customers are held accountable to their obligations.
- Represents the Marine division at monthly board meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent education and experience
- 10+ years marketing / business development experience within the Marine industry, preferably in the BC lower mainland.
- Marine operations experience will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience building relationships with senior level executives.
- Proven strength in developing, nurturing and sustaining client relationships and ability to determine priorities and deliver results.
- Account management experience with demonstrated success
- Visionary and key representative for a growing and dynamic business
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Experience in representing a division at board meetings.
- Maintain a valid driver's license (and must provide a driver's abstract annually)
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia's forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea. We run one of the largest marine operations of its kind in southwest British Columbia, with a fleet of tugs and barges serving natural resources and industrial customers.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!