Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an Estimator with 4 to 8 years of Estimating experience with expertise in the Civil, Concrete or Infrastructure fields. In this role, you will perform quantity take offs, cost analysis and competitive bid management while utilizing current estimating software such as Primavera and HeavyBid. You will prepare lump sum, unit based and cost plus estimates for a broad range of projects.
Join our Ledcor team in Edmonton, AB! Responsibilities
- Interfaces and communicates effectively (written and oral) with the estimating team, with all levels of management, clients and industry contacts.
- Shares expertise with the estimating team in an ongoing effort to develop, recommend revisions and implement procedures, standards, rules and regulations.
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures in relation to estimating.
- Analyzes plans, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare bid estimates for projects, and supports the presentation of estimate proposals.
- Prepares conceptual estimates by interpreting historical data.
- Researches and analyzes cost data for review and presentation to management.
- Contacts trades and suppliers regarding invitations, pricing, addenda and tender/bid closings.
- Produces quantity take-offs for the specified disciplines while ensuring the take-off is well notated for hand-over to the project team and includes safety and security requirements required by Ledcor policies and applicable legislation.
- Develops complete estimates on selected projects consisting of project site visit, quantity take-off, pricing, and presentation of the estimate for management review.
- Reviews discipline specific bid/tender documents and assesses potential risk.
- Develops the schedule on which the estimate is based, requests input from the project team and the various trades required.
- Evaluates and presents or supports the presentation of estimate proposals.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- Completion of post-secondary education with a diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Estimating, Engineering or a Red Seal Journeyman certificate.
- 3-5 years of related estimating experience.
- Knowledge of modern construction practices, techniques and equipment.
- An understanding of construction documents and the ability to assess the level of completeness.
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets, ability to develop a project schedule.
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office, Bluebeam, HeavyBid, Primavera, and related estimating software.
- Ability to work in a team environment and willing to promote teamwork by motivating, coaching and guiding others.
- Ability to problem solve, manage multiple priorities, and work effectively in a time sensitive environment.
- Office based position.
- Travel to various sites and office locations may be required.
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!