Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a Project Director with more than 10 years of experience managing major Heavy Civil construction projects $100 million dollar plus value. As the Project Director, you will be an integral part of the strategic direction and vision across the group.
The Project Director assumes a leadership role by providing guidance to project staff and/or other managers and is responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day operations. In addition, the Project Director implements the agreed upon project plan and schedule, which includes safety, quality control and the delegation of work to project team, contractors and trades people ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget.
Come join our True Blue team in Kitimat, BC today!Responsibilities
- Manage and promotes the overall site safety program as required, including subcontractor compliance with Ledcor standards, Project Specific Safety Plan (PSSP) and all applicable OH&S Acts, Regulations and Codes.
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with Project Quality Program (PQP).
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, applicable building codes and that high quality standards are maintained.
- Develops and maintains the construction schedule in conjunction with project team and ensures project milestones and completion dates are met.
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the projects ongoing progression.
- Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved.
- Identifies and manages risk to the project to negate impact on schedule and financial targets.
- Maintains and tracks all financial aspects of project which include reporting, forecasting and billings.
- Management of procurement process including subcontractor / trade / supplier negotiations and awards.
- Ensure all project documentation and correspondence is obtained, addressed and properly archived.
- Responsible for full profit and loss accountability for the project lifecycle.
- Perform other related duties as outlined in Ledcor's Construction Operations Manual.
- 15+ years related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience.
- 10+ years' experience as a Project Manager or in a similar direct managerial/supervisory role.
- Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset.
- Experience focused on Heavy Civil construction managing $100 million dollar + value.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings and specifications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current construction practices and methodology.
- Demonstrated negotiation and administration skills.
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule.
- Superior understanding of construction costs and budgets.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders; able to focus on developing long term partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure our contributions to their continued success and to maximize long term gains.
- Anticipates constructability issues in complex situations and creates new solutions for construction plan and schedule.
- Anticipates problems or challenges and propose innovative solutions that are consistent with organizational objectives.
- Influence strategic issues which effect business internally and externally.
- Influence client and/or organizational leadership to accomplish operational objectives.
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork by motivating, coaching and guiding others to establish consensus among team members.
- Act as a facilitator and mentor in extremely complex or interdependent projects.
- Strong organizational, planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and an aptitude of learning new programs. Strong use of scheduling software.
- Must possess CSTS.09 (Construction Safety Training Systems).
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification.
- Must have valid Driver's License.
- Site based role, rotational shift will be assigned.
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is committed to facilitating project success by providing a workforce with representation from the Indigenous and local communities. We will have this commitment in mind when considering your job application. Date Posted