Full Time Regular Job Summary
As HS&E Coordinator for Highway Construction, you will be responsible for using a collaborative approach to applying the professional practices required of Safety professionals at a Ledcor work site. You will be required to consistently convey mature professional judgment and managerial knowledge required of a Health, Safety and Environmental professional under minimal supervision.
Join our True Blue team today!Responsibilities
- Able to provide independent advice to operations management in Ledcor HS&E program.
- Is able to independently lead / support daily safety meetings.
- Participates in the conduct of detailed, fact-based incident management.
- Acquires clear competence and understanding in executing Ledcor HS&E program in all types of situations (project start up, duration and close out).
- Develops and enhances Job Hazard Analysis and Safe Work Practice documents based on existing materials.
- Has an understanding of all site, BU or division safety programs, company codes of business conduct, site/BU specific procedures and management systems.
- Trains organization in task/trade specific work practices and procedures (Flagger, TDG, LOTO).
- Seeks to understand and meet the demands of various stakeholders, including internal and external clients.
- Supports and takes action for operations personnel to meet Ledcor "Leading Indicator" requirements.
- Practices attentive and active listening and is skilled at questioning to ensure understanding.
- Obtains basic understanding of complementary HS&E functions such as Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health practices.
- 3+ years relevant industry Health and Safety experience.
- Fully qualified CRSP, CSO or NCSO.
- OH&S certification or diploma would be an asset.
- Self-starter who understands his/her role in achieving HS&E results (Planning and Execution abilities).
- Demonstrates a collaborative approach with site employees, site management and corporate representatives/management.
- Able to ensure HS&E requirements have been met and able to facilitate others in best practices in the execution of HS&E processes
Is a clear communicator who can present truth in appropriate and helpful manner (e.g. Findings/Corrective actions from incident investigations and audits.
- Able to recognize and is comfortable in dealing with uncertainty.
- Follows defined processes and boundaries provided by Ledcor HS&E program and relevant OH&S (or equivalent) legislation to be able to make appropriate, timely decisions in consultation with others.
- Previous experience in a leadership capacity would be an asset.
- This role will be based out of Edmonton and will require travel throughout Alberta during the Construction season, which is typically May to October and early November.
- 5 days on and 2 days off shift rotations working 8 hours per day.
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!