Full Time Regular Job Summary
As a General Foreman, you will be responsible for the smooth functioning of the day to day highway maintenance operations. You will be responsible for developing and ensuring the successful implementation of work plans and completion of contract work orders, client satisfaction, and adherence to Ledcor's safety, quality, and administrative standards, and providing leaderships and coaching to field teams.
Due to the requirements of this position, candidates located in the Grande Prairie, Edson, or Whitecourt areas, or who are willing to relocate, will be given preference.
Come join our True Blue team!Responsibilities
- Ensures site safety and environmental standards are met or exceeded.
- Implements policies and procedures for operations to ensure the divisional and corporate objectives are met or exceeded.
- Provides clear direction to Foremen / Lead Hands and distributes workload appropriately to ensure client(s) and Ledcor expectations are consistently met.
- Looks for and identifies where efficiencies/innovations can be introduced that aid in the cost effectiveness of the work.
- Ensure contract compliance (Key Performance Indicators, Environmental Management Plans, QA/Specifications requirements, etc).
- Works closely with other Operations Leaders (General Superintendent, Foremen, Project Managers/Coordinators, HSE, Equipment.
- Management) to coordinate work to organize daily, monthly, and seasonal work plans and work assignments.
- Accurately evaluates and forecasts resources requirements to ensure that resources are secured and utilized efficiently and effectively.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Highway Maintenance facilities are being properly maintained.
- Leads, mentors, and develops his/her Foremen / Lead Hands and other team members, while leveraging individual and group strengths.
- 10+ years of experience in a highways maintenance or construction role with at least 3+ years' experience in a similar role managing multiple highway maintenance service facilities.
- Degree, diploma or Journeyperson certification in the Construction field.
- Extensive knowledge of Ministry of Transportation and/or Municipalities maintenance contracts and specs.
- A strong safety record and the ability to work with a variety of individuals.
- Experience with or strong knowledge of highway maintenance equipment.
- Knowledgeable regarding National Safety Code compliance.
- Strong computer skills with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in specialty highways work such as line painting, bridge maintenance, lighting maintenance and pavement maintenance an asset.
- Ability to lead and manage a diverse team and facilitate change.
- Capacity to respond to stakeholder requests in typical situations and investigate facts.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and in appropriate style.
- Willingness to actively listen to and share experience and ideas with team.
- Ability to research, develop, and implement innovations.
- Capable of identifying straightforward problems, generating possible solutions and assessing those solutions against standard procedures or guidelines.
- Site based role with travel required.
- Requires working primarily outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Occasional on-call work.
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!