Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a Millwright (Industrial Mechanic) with 2+ years of experience, interested in the forestry industry with a high personal commitment to safety. You will be responsible for scheduled maintenance, repair, installation, and modification of all sawmill-related equipment. You will utilize your expertise to maximize uptime, quality, and production.
You will work with an amazing team and be home at the end of each shift!
Join the Ledcor Resources & Transportation team in Chilliwack, BC. Responsibilities
- Read diagrams and schematic drawings and service manuals to determine work procedures
- Fit bearings, align gears and shafts, attach motors, and connect couplings and belts to precise tolerances
- Align and test equipment to make any necessary adjustments
- Perform predictive and operational maintenance using procedures such as vibration analysis, and repair or replace defective parts when necessary
- Service and repair hydraulic, pneumatic and programmable logic controls (PLCs)
- May do some tack welding and fabrication as well as maintain an inventory of replacement parts
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- 2+ years of Millwright Maintenance experience
- Production, operating or manufacturing experience would be an asset
- Welding experience would be an asset
- Knowledge of the lumber manufacturing process would be an asset
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must have strong work ethic and the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Applicants that reside in Chilliwack will be given preference due to the location of this project
- 5/2 swing shift, rotating every two weeks between 7AM-3:30PM and 3:00PM-11:00PM
- Additional shift option to work Friday - Monday 6:00am - 4:30pm
- Work will be performed indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia's forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!