Full Time Temporary Job Summary
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America's most diversified construction companies, serving the building, heavy industrial, civil and Infrastructure, mining, pipeline, power and communications sectors. Ledcor also owns operations in aviation, forestry, marine transportation services, property investment, and wastewater treatment.
We are seeking experienced Apprentice (any level) as well as Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic/Technicians
for our Nisku location as well as remote sites.
The Heavy Duty Mechanic will perform maintenance and repair of heavy equipment in accordance with specification, quality, safety and efficiency standards.Responsibilities
- Performs preventative maintenance including but not limited to oil and filter changes
- Diagnoses and Troubleshoots hydraulic, electrical, and powertrain issues
- Tests repaired equipment for proper performance and operation
- Writes service reports
- Interprets and understands work orders and technical manuals both printed and electronic
- May perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must be an Interprovincial Red Seal or have a Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician ticket from a recognized provincial training authority; or be a registered Heavy Equipment Technician Apprentice with a recognized provincial training authority
- Individuals with experience working on heavy equipment, or truck/trailer preferred
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
We offer an exceptional work environment. Management is approachable, ethical and accountable. Innovation is respected, effort is rewarded and job safety is a primary focus for absolutely everyone: zero incidents is the goal. Hours are reasonable, home life is encouraged and compensation is competitive.
- Working both in shop and outside at any given time along with possible minimal travel
- Working with other Journeyman and/or Apprentices but may at times work alone with minimal supervision
- Multiple brands/models of equipment (some job specific)
- Possible remote field work
- Due to the location of the work, only candidates local to the Edmonton area will be considered
- Union: CLAC (Christian Labour Association of Canada)
Ledcor Industrial offers an integrated range of services from construction, engineering, and maintenance to pipe fabrication and module assembly. We offer turnkey solutions to our oil and gas clients and have built some of the continent's largest oil and gas projects.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!