Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are aLoader Operator with previous highway construction experience looking for a role with a competitive wage, great benefits, and a reputation for safety that is second to none. You will be responsible for the safe operation of Cat 980 and John Deere 844 loaders on a highway construction site.
Join the Ledcor Highways Constructionteam on various projects throughout Alberta! Responsibilities
- Conducts pre-trip/walk-around safety inspection
- Operates all functions of the loader safely including moving levers to lower/raise and tilt bucket and driving equipment forward
- Coordinates loader activities with other drivers and operators
- Conducts positioning or moving of loads in response to hand or audio signals from team members
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- M ust have 3-5 years of previous experience operating Cat 980 and John Deere 844 loaders on a highway construction site
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to provide a valid driver's abstract
- Able to incorporate HS&E concepts into work activities and demonstrates concern for others health & safety (co-workers, clients, and sub trades)
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Successful applicants must have access to a live in RV trailer as this is a travel position
- Applicants that reside in Alberta will be given preference due to the location of this project
- Living out allowance of $125 per day is provided
- 24/4 shift rotation working 10-12 hours per day (candidates must be flexible regarding their shift schedule)
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
LedcorHighways Constructionbuilds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!